FordIVTteam

Official Ford IVT Representative

Hi everyone!

Good news! I'm in the process of joining the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum community! In case you're wondering why this is good news, I'll share some reasons. ;) By the way, I’m Kim.

I'm going to be the Ford In-Vehicle Technology representative on this forum. If you have questions regarding SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, SiriusXM, or MyFord Mobile, I'm your girl! I'll be scanning through different threads and jumping in where I can provide helpful information. I'll do my best not to miss anything, but feel free to message me directly if you need me.

You may have noticed that I'm not the only Ford representative who recently joined. Here's a link to Ashley's welcome post. Click here to see what types of questions she handles: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/8045-official-ford-service-rep/?p=71669

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! Let the questions begin!

Kim

Thank you, and welcome aboard. A good group of people here. I know I get very frustrated with the voice command process. It will be interesting to see what develops with your presence!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome, rjent! I see you have a few different vehicles, I'm going to assume you're having trouble with voice commands on your Fusion MyFord Touch system. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

If you notice that you're more frustrated with specific commands, let me know which ones they are and what happens when you give them. I may be able to help!

One question

APPLINK!!!

That is all.

Hi acdii,

Good question! (I wish I had a different answer for you) As you probably know, AppLink is not currently available on vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. You can see a list of the vehicles that offer AppLink here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/applink-overview-sync

That being said, many apps will still work with your vehicle. You'll just need to pull them up on your phone manually to trigger them. As long as your phone is paired to the MyFord Touch system, press the VOICE COMMAND button and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO to begin streaming from the app. You'll have limited voice commands compared to AppLink, but many apps will still allow you to skip to the next song using the steering wheel arrows. Give it a try if you haven't already!

Kim

Thanks for the warm welcome, rjent! I see you have a few different vehicles, I'm going to assume you're having trouble with voice commands on your Fusion MyFord Touch system. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

If you notice that you're more frustrated with specific commands, let me know which ones they are and what happens when you give them. I may be able to help!

Hi acdii,

Good question! (I wish I had a different answer for you) As you probably know, AppLink is not currently available on vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. You can see a list of the vehicles that offer AppLink here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/applink-overview-sync

That being said, many apps will still work with your vehicle. You'll just need to pull them up on your phone manually to trigger them. As long as your phone is paired to the MyFord Touch system, press the VOICE COMMAND button and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO to begin streaming from the app. You'll have limited voice commands compared to AppLink, but many apps will still allow you to skip to the next song using the steering wheel arrows. Give it a try if you haven't already!

Kim

I already do, I use Pandora daily, but without Applink(like I had in the F150) I could thumb up or down a song without having to pick the phone up, activate the screen, log in, bring up the app if its in the back ground, and tap the thumb. From a safety standpoint, its very distracting, and was so nice to be able to do it in the F150.

What busts my goat is the cheaper cars are the only ones that have it.

I already do, I use Pandora daily, but without Applink(like I had in the F150) I could thumb up or down a song without having to pick the phone up, activate the screen, log in, bring up the app if its in the back ground, and tap the thumb. From a safety standpoint, its very distracting, and was so nice to be able to do it in the F150.

What busts my goat is the cheaper cars are the only ones that have it.

I definitely see where you're coming from. I don't have information on future plans with AppLink, but the Ford product development team does check this site for customer insight. I encourage you to show your support for this idea: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/convenience/applink-on-mft/ If more information does become available, it will be posted here as an announcement: http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

My real pet peeve is that I have a perfectly good "navigator" sitting in the passenger seat that is perfectly capable of entering manually what we want to do. I find it strange that Ford decided what is safe and what is not. I find that if the voice system fails to provide what we need, which it does regularly (we live in a not so populated area so accuracy is not always good calculating dirt and forest service 4x4 roads as legitimate), it is far more distracting to try to "work around" a solution than to just have to stop the car and do it manually. Every min you are stopped, is a mile down the road...Just venting LOL.

BTW, love the car :)

I'm happy to hear that you love your car, rjent. I don't want to sound repetative already, but the link I posted above in my post to acdii will bring you to a page where you can share your opinion on this. You are correct; when your vehicle is in motion, some capabilities of certain features are proactively locked out if they aren't related to the task of driving, Since entering a navigation through the screen requires you to use a keyboard, it isn't available while you're moving. You should still be able to use your navigation system through voice commands. Here are some tips on accessing navigation through voice on the MyFord Touch system:http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/navigation-by-voice-sync-myford-touch

Welcome Kim! We're glad to have your help!

Thanks; I'm glad to be here, hybridbear!

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

Here's one for you. What's the issue with the way the screen to the right of the speedo works when trying to select Navigation POIs? You select items, like fuel stations or financial, an nothing populates 95% of the time. Also I have an issue the MFT and right display sometimes take 15 to 20 minute to populate music info from FM stations. This includes stations that have just stock station info instead of song info.

Hi Sleddog,

Fuel stations and stocks are both part of a subscription service called SiriusXM Travel Link. It sounds like this might be what you're talking about. You will need to be subscribed to this in order to have these work properly. You'll find information on this here: http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

The MyFord Touch screen should not be taking this long to populate music information. I suggest performing a master reset to clear all saved data from your system. Keep in mind that everything will be erased so you may want to make a note of any favorite destinations, radio presets, etc. Press the 2 gears at the bottom of the screen > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET.

If you have a MyFord Mobile account, the vehicle will need to be re-verified. Here are the instructions to repair your phone once the reset has been completed: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync-myford-touch

Welcome Kim!

Thanks, SteveB_TX! :)

Welcome Kim!! I look forward to your involvement to help us with MFT issues. Is anything being done to do a better job of keeping the MFT system up to date with new phone operating systems as they are released? I have an Android phone and it worked fine with MFT to notify and read text messages but since the latest Android update (4.3) MFT no longer will notify or read text messages. On a positive note, the MFT system does a fine job of letting me stream music and make phone calls with this phone (HTC One). :)

Hi Boat Racer,

Thank you! I'm glad you're still able to stream music and make phone calls. Ford periodically releases updates for the MyFord Touch software to improve the performance of your system. Make sure you're running the most recent software, which is currently V3.6.2 for MyFord Touch systems. You can check here: www.Support.Ford.com after logging in. I can't speculate on what types of improvements will be included in future updates; however, the last one included updated support for phones and media players.

This chart shows the devices that we've tested with V3.6.2: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-myford-touch

Kim

Wow. This is a welcome thread? Guys, let's give Kim a chance to breathe...

I'll just say welcome to the FFH board. I love my '13 loaded SE with MFT.

Hi Sleddog,

Fuel stations and stocks are both part of a subscription service called SiriusXM Travel Link. It sounds like this might be what you're talking about. You will need to be subscribed to this in order to have these work properly. You'll find information on this here: http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

Hi Kim, I have to agree with Sleddog on this, something isnt right with that screen. I tried to pull up the POI for shopping, and it kept going back to the main list. AFAIK shopping isnt a subscription service is it?

Boat Racer I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T (Originally T-Mobile) but it's used on the AT&T Network which has Android Version 4.3 and you might try this.

Pair your Phone from the Car rather then the other way around.

Once done go to messages and it should say message box empty.

In my case AT&T has check data which I used and within 10-15 seconds I had a message in the car telling me about data usage which I read and I then tried again but this time I wanted to listen to the message. It was a bit gibberish, not that the sound was off but the message was interpreted differently. Imagine number and texts in the same sentence, a little strange. Probably would have made more sense if it were just text.

Hi IraF,

Thanks for sharing. I can't verify that text messaging will work with Android V4.3 if you do a reverse pair, but it sounds like you had good luck with it so I'll post the link. Click here for instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/reverse-pair-phone-sync-myford-touch

Let us know if this helps, Boat Racer.

Wow. This is a welcome thread? Guys, let's give Kim a chance to breathe...

I'll just say welcome to the FFH board. I love my '13 loaded SE with MFT.

Hi KLH,

I'm glad to be here! You can all keep the questions coming. :)

Kim

Hi Kim, I have to agree with Sleddog on this, something isnt right with that screen. I tried to pull up the POI for shopping, and it kept going back to the main list. AFAIK shopping isnt a subscription service is it?

Hi acdii,

Thanks for clarifying. Since the issue is not isolated to TravelLink categories, I suggest taking it to your dealership to have it diagnosed properly. Have you already brought this issue to their attention?

Hi Kim,

As for the POI issue for the right dash display my subscription is current. A mater reset was done when after Sync system was repaired, they replaced the interface module. It's been that way since day one, before the repair and after. Multiple resets have not changed the problem. If you search the forum you will see others have the same issue. And one more thing, these services work just fine on the MAIN MFT. It's just the right dash display that has the issue. Not the main MFT.

As for the info display of song titles on both the MAIN MFT and right dash display, the previous master resets have not solved this issue either. Some times it populates info immediately, and other time it takes 15-20 minutes. The dealer gives me the stock Ford reply, "That's the way it's supposed to work", or my other favorite response, "It worked for us, we could not find a problem."

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting I can walk you through online. I'll have to recommend that you continue to work with your dealership to get this resolved. Since this concern wasn't addressed during your last visit, I'd like to escalate this to your customer service manager to make sure it gets handled correctly at the dealership.

Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealership name, and best phone number. I'll take a look at your account and let you know which options are available.

Kim

Hi acdii,

Thanks for clarifying. Since the issue is not isolated to TravelLink categories, I suggest taking it to your dealership to have it diagnosed properly. Have you already brought this issue to their attention?

Kim

I just discovered it last night, and not in the Fusion, but in my Flex. So it isnt just isolated to the Fusion. Since the Fusion and Flex share the same dash components, what works on one should work on the other.

Since I am on this subject of shared components, pass along something I suggested a while back on the Social site that apparently went unnoticed. Why not have the same driving coach screens on the non Hybrids? I do have the instant MPG readout on the Flex, but it would be nice to have the Trip Summary when the car is shut off, along with an acceleration and cruise coach. Since braking in the non hybrid isn't relative, it only would need the Accelerate and Cruise. Trip summary would be one of the best additions. Any of those functions would help people get better MPG in their cars. I currently get 21 MPG avg summer/fall in my Ecoboosted Flex, and around 19 winter. I contribute this partially to being a Hybrid driver, but also to that instant MPG screen.

I just discovered it last night, and not in the Fusion, but in my Flex. So it isnt just isolated to the Fusion. Since the Fusion and Flex share the same dash components, what works on one should work on the other.

Since I am on this subject of shared components, pass along something I suggested a while back on the Social site that apparently went unnoticed. Why not have the same driving coach screens on the non Hybrids? I do have the instant MPG readout on the Flex, but it would be nice to have the Trip Summary when the car is shut off, along with an acceleration and cruise coach. Since braking in the non hybrid isn't relative, it only would need the Accelerate and Cruise. Trip summary would be one of the best additions. Any of those functions would help people get better MPG in their cars. I currently get 21 MPG avg summer/fall in my Ecoboosted Flex, and around 19 winter. I contribute this partially to being a Hybrid driver, but also to that instant MPG screen.

Hi acdii,

I recommend scheduling an appointment with your dealership for the Flex. Send me a PM once it's scheduled; I'll take a look at your account and see how I can assist best. Please include your full name, VIN, mileage, best phone number, and the name of your dealer so I can pass along your feedback.

Kim

I have about 3k miles before my next service, but my Fusion is due in about a week, so I will check if I see the same issue on it and if so, have them look at it when its in for the oil change and tire rotation.

I have about 3k miles before my next service, but my Fusion is due in about a week, so I will check if I see the same issue on it and if so, have them look at it when its in for the oil change and tire rotation.

Great; keep me in the loop!

Kim