Sea Green

Dual mode intermittent

On my 2013 FFH, the Dual control function stays on and turns off with no pattern. The only indication that it is off is that both temps displayed as the same. with Dual on it seems to turn off when the ignition is turned off. But that only happens sometimes. Dealer tried to make it happen with about 20 engine starts and shut off but to no avail. It was on when the car was moved to the lot for pickup. I started the car and the Dual was off. Very annoying as one never knows if it will be on or off.

Have others also observed this? I would guess that there is a pattern to the behavior and that you just haven't found it yet. We don't often use dual mode to pay attention to it and we always turn off our HVAC before turning off the car since the HVAC can cause the ICE to start immediately after turning the car on.

On my 2013 FFH, the Dual control function stays on and turns off with no pattern. The only indication that it is off is that both temps displayed as the same. with Dual on it seems to turn off when the ignition is turned off. But that only happens sometimes. Dealer tried to make it happen with about 20 engine starts and shut off but to no avail. It was on when the car was moved to the lot for pickup. I started the car and the Dual was off. Very annoying as one never knows if it will be on or off.