dmackdaddy

Has anyone gone from a 5 Series BMW to a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium?

Thanks guys, that's good to know. I live in Silicon Vally and very rarely use the Heat or AC, as its not too extreme either way around here. But my wife does love the seat heaters and now and then AC is needed.

I've been hunting for EV chargers and noticed the Walmart by my GYM has one. So I could walk an extra block and leave my car at the Walmart pump while I work out then walk back and get about 1 hour's worth of charge for my 18 mile trip back home. So that should cover me most of the round trip. Problem is sometimes there are cars already parked there that aren't even plugins but that is another story!

Waiting too long for last years models also makes the pool of cars much less desirable. I just went through this looking for a new 2013 Flex. Incentives were friggin awesome, 6K if you dont finance, 3K and 0 for 72 if you do. Problem was the stock left was either way too high or way too low for options. I could have bought a new 13 with almost everything and got it for $44K, but It was missing the roof rails and Appearance package, and I just didn't want to deal with the items I really wanted not being on it. A great deal is only so great if it has everythign you want and nothing more. I wasn't about to spend an extra $2k for dvd players. Thats about all that was left on the lots.

Agreed. I guess with 2 months left now I should start getting ready here to make a deal, even if i overlap 1 payment. I guess I can buy something on May 15th and hopefully get a fully loaded 2014 at a great price and still with HOV stickers, which is another must have. Still no news out there on what the 2015's could have better?

Oh, crap - why would they take that option off on a 2014??? I will have to look for a 2013 and see what options there are. I wonder if they are bringing it back in 2015?

Oh, crap - why would they take that option off on a 2014??? I will have to look for a 2013 and see what options there are. I wonder if they are bringing it back in 2015?

Thanks for all the advice folks, but I've pulled the trigger! I am on my way to pick up my new 2014 FFET! Pictured below with HOV stickers already on it before they run out in CA. Only 2000 or so left and going fast. My BMW lease ends next month so I will have 2 cars for a few weeks to rack up the millage. Let me know what you think :)

Fusion2014.jpg

Thanks! Already taking advantage of the Free charging and front row parking spaces! I got 61.8MPG on my first 100 miles of driving btw.

54d8effcc38311e3908a0002c995bc4a_8.jpg

2014-04-13%2013.53.18.jpg

Congrats!!! I guess I have a hidden gem close by :) On a side note, I was at Google having lunch today with a friend that works there. They have a crap load of free charging stations there but for employees only :( BTW, they had a lot of Volts and Leafs but my FFET was the one getting all the looks!

I'll add my 2 cents here since the major concern seems to be about speed and power. I too, was concerned. I'm pretty much a motor head and the FFH is my first hybrid. My other vehicles are a Ford 2012 F150 with the Ecoboost, 365 hp twin turbo and tons of torque. I also have a 1972 Chevy short bed fleet side pickup hotrod with 450HP and a BMW R1200RT motorcycle. I posted a couple weeks ago "I'm Still Impressed". Talking about how impressed I was about the surprising amount of power in the hybrid. Electric motors make max torque almost immediately. That, combined with the gas motor provides some very good acceleration and passing power. MPG does suffer with spirited driving. That being said I'm averaging 43-44mpg overall. I think it would be hard to see less than 36-38mpg no matter how you drive. The FFH challenges you to get good mpg, it's an on-going contest between my wife and I to see who does the best. It's a great car and in my opinion one of the best looking cars on the road............John

I got the windows tinted today, looks a lot better now. I love the car in EV mode, so smoooth and swift. When the engine turns on it buzzes (or maybe I am getting use to just the smoooth EV) but it gets the car moving fast when needed.

IMG_20140418_154220.jpg

Looks more like the 35% legal tint like I have on mine and what CC has on his.