hybridbear

Air intake resonator chamber

That explains all the damned metric fasteners.

Most cars made in most countries have had metric fasteners for years.

Except the chamber is in front of the air filter, would make more sense for that if it was behind it. Aren't these also DI engines? I doubt this will have anything to do with FE, more just to reduce the growl the intake makes. The air path is too far from the intake itself to help with the pulsing. On Headers, its the scavenging that they fine tune, they use the pull from one pipe, to scavenge the exhaust out of the other pipes, this is why equal length headers are so important when building a performance engine. When each pipe is of equal length, the outgoing pulse from each pipe is identical to all the others so you have a smooth flow of exhaust gasses. You want the same thing on intakes, equal length runners, so the air charge to each cylinder has the exact same flow. If you have a runner that is longer then the others, the air charge is at a lower volume, and can lean out the cylinder(for carburated systems), or richen it (for injected systems). Porting the heads to match the intakes is also a must have to get smooth air flow.

Now for the Atkinson, thats something I would like to learn more about. Those pulses, how do they affect vacuum across the intake, and what about exhaust gas, is there any mixed in and reburned like EGR?

And yet the 2.5 they used in the Gen 1 was more efficient at highway speeds than the 2.0 currently in use. I was getting prius like MPG on the highway in the 2010, something I cant do in the 13.

Take me off the list.

I purchased a new intake from Tasca.

Best price I could find shipped.

Results were better than I expected.

About 40% quieter at low revs.

Tone has changed. Deeper engine sound now.

Not the bleeting sheep sound. Or the elk call as someone else mentioned.

Very Happy.