hybridbear

Adaptive Cruise Control braking

My F150 would brake going downhill while cruise was on. It didnt have ACC. At least it felt like it was braking and the brake lights came on going down the mountain in CO.

Oh my Flex brakes too with ACC.

Edited by acdii

Like I said, I dont know if the actual brakes applied, all I know is my tail was lighting up the road behind me going down that mountain, and my feet were flat on the floor. It held the speed limit set on CC all the way up and down. I was quite impressed with it too.

The adaptive cruise control does apply the brakes. I have tested this but it does seem to wait a bit too long before actively braking. I haven't found a way to adjust the behavior yet.

The adaptive cruise control does apply the brakes. I have tested this but it does seem to wait a bit too long before actively braking. I haven't found a way to adjust the behavior yet.

It's field of view is skewed though. I use cruise between my office and my wifes due to the hills, and when I see a car turning, I hit cancel and as it clears the lane I hit resume, and sometimes it will still detect the car as in my lane and hit the brakes, Hits it hard too. By keeping a toe on the gas it overrides the cruise though so hitting resume when you know the car will clear will prevent the brakes from coming on.

It's field of view is skewed though. I use cruise between my office and my wifes due to the hills, and when I see a car turning, I hit cancel and as it clears the lane I hit resume, and sometimes it will still detect the car as in my lane and hit the brakes, Hits it hard too. By keeping a toe on the gas it overrides the cruise though so hitting resume when you know the car will clear will prevent the brakes from coming on.

I have noticed this with the Collision Avoidance Warning too.