Erik Strait

I just took delivery of my late availability 2014 fusion hybrid, Pictures!

I just took delivery of my late availability 2014 fusion hybrid. So excited! I still need to take it back next week for the clear bra and door sill plates, but I couldn't wait any longer. The heated steering wheel is something I can't believe I lived without.

It's already dark here. So good pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, here is a sneak peak!

Thanks Erik

Edited by Erik Strait

Wohoo! I will definitely take some nice pictures tomorrow with my DSLR after work. The illuminated door sill plate pictures will have to wait until next week though.

BTW, here is the crappy picture I tried posting when I wrote the thread. I was on my phone though and the picture was to large to attach. Good pictures tomorrow!

Thanks Erik

post-12398-0-67256600-1385443402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Strait

Yes, The heated steering wheel and seats are the only thing I turned on, climate control wise, when I drove home. Not quite sure how I lasted without them!

Also just FYI, When I told my dealer about floodfordesp they said they couldn't match their prices, I even had a printed out paper from the website.. So I just bought that separately. Is anyone getting the dealer to match those prices?

Thanks Erik

My dealer quoted me ~$2,700 at first and said that is down from the ~$3,300 normal price. I said I found it for $1,240 with a $50 deductible. He went and talked with his manager and said they could do it for $1,340. I said sure that would be fine (I got my actual car for a heck of a deal and figured I would give them a little profit and keep everything local). However he then said the best he can do is a $100 deductible. I declined and just bought it from FloodFordESP.com last night when I got home. I was told that $1,240 is even below their price, still not sure how accurate that is considering "Go Ford" is one of the nations biggest Ford (and all other car models for that matter) dealer in the USA.

Thanks Erik

My dealer quoted me ~$2,700 at first and said that is down from the ~$3,300 normal price. I said I found it for $1,240 with a $50 deductible. He went and talked with his manager and said they could do it for $1,340. I said sure that would be fine (I got my actual car for a heck of a deal and figured I would give them a little profit and keep everything local). However he then said the best he can do is a $100 deductible. I declined and just bought it from FloodFordESP.com last night when I got home. I was told that $1,240 is even below their price, still not sure how accurate that is considering "Go Ford" is one of the nations biggest Ford (and all other car models for that matter) dealer in the USA.

Thanks Erik

I normally ask for a printout of the price list from the finance office and tell them I'll think about it, and then go directly to Flood since it's so much cheaper. Personally I wouldn't be looking to do any favors for the dealer that was telling me that $2,700 was their 'markdown' price when it's really quite inflated. We've kicked this one around before in a few other threads that shopping around can save a lot, but some still choose the convenience of rolling it into the same purchase order I guess.

Congratulations on the new car! I really wish I had been able to get the heated steering wheel in my MKZ. It's pretty much the only thing the car is missing that I wanted, but it wasn't worth having to pay over $3000 and getting a bunch of other equipment I didn't want with it.

Congratulations and enjoy that heated steering wheel. That was one feature I wish I waited a year for. When I was researching cars last year, the Dodge Dart had one and I thought it was simply amazing.

Jeff_h: The only reason I was willing to give them the sale of the ESP was because they really have helped me out a lot and due to the first fusion fiasco that I bought from them, I purchased this 2014 fusion for dealer invoice price and after counting my rebates, I paid well under dealer price.

The finance guy did try to convince me that rolling the ESP into my loan is easier on me, otherwise I would have to pay $1,240 up front. But I certainly don't mind paying upfront to save money! Either way, there was no way I was paying $2,700 for the ESP. I would have gone with the $1,340 option they gave me had it been a $50 deductible too like FloodFord. But they were not able to match that so I passed. Otherwise the financial guy, and everyone at the dealer, was very nice. I can't blame them for wanting to sell it to me since that's how they make money. But informed shoppers, like us, are probably their worst enemy.

timf: That is the one thing I have heard people complain about on the MKZ. The nice thing with Ford is that you can add what you want individually, for the most part.

Thanks Erik

How does the heated steering wheel work? Is it turned on from the MyFordTouch system? Do you think it may be possible to replace the existing one with that?

Mine did with slight up charge of $80 and that was ok for me. I was told that the quoted price was lower than is cost so to get the sale he sold it at cost to me.

Same here.

Congrats on the new car.

Ok, Picture time. I tried to take pictures in natural light but it was fading towards the end. I tried including pictures that I have seen something mentioned about that particular part here on the forums. If I missed something and you would like a pictures, please ask! I have no problem taking more pictures showing details.

- On my way home from work I received 42.1 MPG. So far I am quite impressed! I know it should get even better in time too!

- I love the car, however I do have one complaint... WHY oh WHY did the titanium hybrid not include dual exhaust and have the exhaust integrated into the bumper like the non-hybrid titanium. Oh well, I am still very happy with the car.

- I still have the clear bra, tint, and illuminated door sill plates being installed next week! I will add those photos when its done.

Thanks Erik

DSC_0468_zps847db26f.jpg

DSC_0470_zps5c245857.jpg

DSC_0474_zpsbf75aa1e.jpg

DSC_0548_zpsd6fec15a.jpg

DSC_0553_zps90d5f502.jpg

DSC_0564_zps2df49f51.jpg

DSC_0570_zps31fb7811.jpg

DSC_0484_zps0bd97064.jpg

DSC_0533_zps5b6b1ce5.jpg

DSC_0517_zps9afc72fe.jpg

DSC_0518_zps45a71797.jpg

From one of your pictures ....

DSC_0588_zps7dbee9e0.jpg

Is that normal in the little grill to the left - it looks like something is torn behind the small grill?

I honestly never noticed that grill there! I will check it out tomorrow. Might be a screen guard to prevent anything from going into it..

First impressions so far.

- the piano black trim scratches VERY easily and is very noticeable. I have contacted a company that makes phone screen covers and am going to try making templates and cutting my own pieces. If it works, I could possibly offer them if anyone else wanted any.

- the car fogs up very easily. I have never had a fog issue on any other cars, so I'm not sure how to combat this. The front defog works well but I've never had to use that in previous cars.

- ACC, amazing feature and not something I ever want to live without.

- voice commands work surprisingly well and I have had little to no issue with them.

- I use wireless charging on my phone, being that the option wasn't given for this model, I am having a friend who is very good and product design come up with something for myto put in the lower cubby below the center stack. I will post a new thread in the correct forum topic once the design process is started on that..

- heated seats, AC seats, heated stealing wheel. These options have made using the cabin heat/AC almost never needed!

- gas mileage is quite good, but no 47 yet. My average thus far is ~41mpg, which is still quite good. Some trips are above 50, most are around 40.

Thanks. Erik

So, are the Heated/Cooled seats now a 10 way passenger, or did Ford screw that up too.

Alright, going to keep a look out next year for wrecked 2014's to see if I can dig up the passenger seat. I am also going to see about swapping out the seat cushion from the Ti to the SE Luxury for the drivers side. That is the ONLY thing I miss from the Blue Devil. If the seat pans are the same, then I only need the cushion and skin.