1551retired

Oil Life Monitor Will Not Reset

Here's how I reset mine using the menus, don't know if whether a car does or does not have MFT makes a difference in what menus are available, I suspect it probably does (mine does and so the below is based on that)... anyway,

From top left steering wheel arrows:

Left arrow, then go down to 'settings'

Right arrow to 'vehicle'

Go down to 'oil life reset'

Right arrow to 'reset to 100%'

Hold 'OK' button to reset, just like resetting a trip 1 or trip 2 setting

Left arrows to back out of menus and get back to your normal view

Edited by jeff_h

You should download the latest .pdf version of your owners guide. The second printing of the MKZ OG corrects the silly gas/brake combo reset procedure and directs you to the procedure explained by Jeff_h.

Open drivers door, close drivers door, open drivers door, close drivers door, walk around car three times, open rear drivers door, close rear drivers door. Lock all doors and call dealer.

Sounds just as dumb as pressing gas and brake to reset something, doesn't it. :)

Thought I posted this earlier but for the life of me I could not find the post. Will try again...

WIfe's 2013 FFH had the oil changed at 7000 miles. Thought the oil life indicator was reset at that point but now at nearly 10K miles the indicator comes on every time the vehicle is driven. I tried to reset it at least three different times. It allows yu to reset to 100%. 90% etc... and i chose 70% since it's been a while. I also tried 100% but it never sticks. Tried to reset it twice in a row and still the stupid indicator comes up. Anyone else seeing this? We did have the firmware upgraded about six months ago to allow the >62MPH electric drive option to be enabled. ANyone else have issues where they can not reset the indicaotr no matter what they do?

Hi jnissen,

If you've tried the (corrected) method of resetting your monitor and it still is giving you a hard time, I recommend bringing it by the dealer to see if they can get you squared away. Once you've made an appointment to have them take a look, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. :)

Ashley

Edited by FordService