hybridbear

Dealership woes

Ford dealers break more than they fix from my experence. Its why I went with a lincoln this time around. They have ONE tech that does anything to do with trim, interior,body etc. Gotta do it right because you cant blame anyone else.

I had a dealer that had to change a battery under warranty. The whole side of the truck had the paint scraped off right next to the battery. Denied it forever and kept putting me off and having me drop off the truck than say they couldnt fix it for one reason or another. When you tell the service manager about an issue and before you leave the shop after he denys the stuff he is screaming at the top of his lungs in the back of the shop. You know he is lying to you.

Ford is upgrading there quality but the dealers are killing the rep.

Also make sure that you check when you pickup a car that all of the work done is on the printed ford paperwork. That way you can have some form of recourse.

Edited by Eddie Sessum

It is amazing when you think about it. A dealerships bread and butter IS the service department. If their service department cant do a good job and keep customers, then that dealership wont be around long. You can always tell a good dealership by the employees time on the job. When you go in year after year and the same people are working there, you know they are doing a good job, if the dealer has a high turn around, especially in sales, you know they are scrambling. With my dealer, both the service people and the sales staff have been there for years. In fact at least 3 of the sales people were there when I bought my first truck from them in 2003. The ladies in the money room have been there since before the new owners took over, they were there when I got my F150 from that location in 2001. They sold to the current owner in 2003, and I was one of their first customers. Paid cash for the F350 too.

It is amazing when you think about it. A dealerships bread and butter IS the service department. If their service department cant do a good job and keep customers, then that dealership wont be around long. You can always tell a good dealership by the employees time on the job. When you go in year after year and the same people are working there, you know they are doing a good job, if the dealer has a high turn around, especially in sales, you know they are scrambling. With my dealer, both the service people and the sales staff have been there for years. In fact at least 3 of the sales people were there when I bought my first truck from them in 2003. The ladies in the money room have been there since before the new owners took over, they were there when I got my F150 from that location in 2001. They sold to the current owner in 2003, and I was one of their first customers. Paid cash for the F350 too.

The biggest dealership here has let a couple of there salesman go because they wouldn't introduce sales to the service department. Said it would look bad on them in the future and wanted to keep his customers returning to him in the future for new cars. You know it's bad when you see that.

I sincerely hope that Tesla's business model succeeds. Franchised dealers need to go, in my opinion. Ford would do well to reevaluate their standards for dealers and how they evaluate dealers. I have found four dealers that have not made me happy and I'm not looking forward to driving far to try out different dealers. I tried calling Ford Customer Service after the issues with Morrie's Buffalo Ford, but I doubt that it did any good. What finally got them to respond was when they were contacted by the BBB.

I also hope Tesla's business model succeeds. I'd love to be able to afford a Tesla it is a beautiful car that burns no petro. The fact that I wouldn't have to deal with a dealer is icing on the cake.

I don't think a company like Ford could unwind their dealer network, however, they need to do something. I've been less than impressed with the service departments at the Ford dealers in my area.

Go buy some lottery tickets....more good luck might follow. :worship: Lucky SOB :happy feet: :happy feet: