hybridbear

Dealership woes

time to find a different dealer. Sounds like they cant get the cheese together.

The dealership is replacing the "radio faceplate controls interface" according to the SA. Which module is this? Is this the FCIM?

That would be the faceplate with all the switches. At least that is what it is called on the F150 in the Kicker installation guide.

Wondering this since were on this topic. Has anyone had issues with the cooled or heated seats not adjusting when you press the button? (or on touch screen) Ive had mine get stuck and not respond for sometimes upto 1minute. Than if i press again it will adjust properly.

Ive tried to get a video but it always comes back as soon as i get my video app open on my phone. Its like it knows.

No, that is a separate item. Hopefully they leave that alone :)

And dont damage it in the process. My friend had that worked on on a dodge which is the same modular design, they damaged the screen with a line and blamed him.

The panel comes off once they remove the 4 screws holding it in place. The MFT is all by itself behind it. That panel is just switches, the module is up under the dash.

For controlling the HVAC/Seat heaters. That dash panel only has switches in it, the part that does the actual work is somewhere else. There really isnt much difference between the Fords when it comes to these controls, the Flex and Fusion have the same control inputs in the Titanium and Limited. The F150 is really close to those to as well. The MFT is just a touch screen with a module on it, the radio is a unit all by itself behind and underneath MFT. There is a lot of consistency between the models when it comes to these, probably for repair and troubleshooting purposes. Once you have the cosmetics off, they all look pretty much the same back there. I just had the dash apart in the F150, and the front panel has a 5 wire connection to it, thats it, and its pretty thin, so its only switches in that panel. There were about a half dozen different boxes up and inside the dash once I got the radio out. And to think, the F150 is no where near as complex as the HyTi.

Sounds like you found the issue. Pretty sad when owners know more about the cars systems than the technicians do.