hybridbear

What should we do? Should we trade up for a nicer FFH?

What do you think? Am I just being discontent & greedy? :spend: :drool: :play:

I've had a similar thought, not about a different FFH but that if I'd known of the deep discounts that they would put on the Energi I'd have 2 in the garage (already got the charger)... at several dealers around here when the rebates are included they are listed for about $10k under MSRP. I don't know if you wanted to consider that, I would if I wouldn't take such a bath on my current one.

Let us know what you find out. If it works out well for you I might consider trading up towards an MKZ or 2014 FFH with cooled seats/heated steering wheel.

Wow, you have one of the few Job1 FFH that does very well, and you want to trade? Color me shocked! What does this other one have that yours doesn't you wish you had?

Those are some really good features. Good luck in your endeavor, just make sure the new one does as well as the one you already have. :)

Is the trim difference in how much can be controlled with the steering wheel buttons? Can ppl w/ loaded SE FFHs control the HVAC, Radio & Navigation with their right steering wheel buttons?

I have a loaded '13 FFH SE. This is what the steering wheel has:

2014_ford_fusion_hybrid_steering_wheel.j

Left:

* Direction and select controls for the left screen menu

* ACC buttons for: on/off, resume/cancel, accelerate (set +), decelerate (set -), add distance to maintain to next car, and subtract distance to maintain to next car.

Right:

* Direction and select controls for the left screen menu

* Phone/Radio Presets: Answer phone (if phone call needs answering), Hang up phone (if phone being used), otherwise the same buttons switch between radio presets (left is previous preset, right is next preset)
* Voice commands: Start voice command, Cancel voice command (which also doubles as a mute button when voice commands aren't being used)
* Radio/Phone volume: Top is volume up, Bottom is volume down
As for controlling climate and nav via steering wheel, I believe you can use voice commands to do both... which IMHO is better than using buttons.
As for MFT, it's fine. I don't think that it's tough to use. It does what I want it to. If there's anything missing, it's the ability to turn the screen off easily (as it's a little bright at night). ACC, the reverse camera, and BLIS are absolutely fantastic - in that order. When taken as a whole, driving my loaded FFH SE has a premium car feel that I just love... and that alone exceed all of my expectations.
Edited by KLH

The best features I have on my SE are the adaptive cruise control, BLIS, and backup camera with warnings. All of these have made me a much safer driver, and I would definitely pay more for the added safety. I think you deserve an upgrade for all you do to help this forum!

The best features I have on my SE are the adaptive cruise control, BLIS, and backup camera with warnings. All of these have made me a much safer driver, and I would definitely pay more for the added safety. I think you deserve an upgrade for all you do to help this forum!

Since I had the SE and now have the HyTi, the only difference is no Climate on the right hand screen, otherwise MFT and the right screen are identical. The main difference between the two is the sound quality and the center console controls. All other MFT related components are the same. If you get it without Nav, then the upper right corner on the screen is something different. Not sure what it was, maybe information is moved there from the lower middle of the screen.

One thing I liked better in the SE, besides the seats, was the fact the seat heaters had their own buttons. Its a pain if you have something up on the MFT, like the road map or song list and want to change the seat heater, then you have to changes the screen to either the climate or home screen, then change back to what you had before.

Hey J! Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda! I know how you feel my friend. :)