KLH

One Rattle Solved - Dome Light Area ('13 FFH)

I've located and solved one of two significant rattles in my '13 FFH. The one I've solved was found in the dome-light area. I was able to test that this was the case when I stopped the rattle by pressing the area between the two dome-lights.

2013-ford-fusion-171-p5.jpg

In any case, if you (gently and evenly) pull the dome-light down, you'll see a large molex connector secured to-the-car and a small molex connector unsecured and floating about. Guess which molex connector I duct-taped to the roof? You guessed it - the small molex connector.

Voila! The rattle is gone.

Heres a funny one, my 2010 Flex had this annoying rattle in the dash. When I got my 2013 it was dead quiet. Yesterday driving home from the store on a rough road, the dash started to rattle, Just Like the 2010! ARGH!

Time to trade it in.

J/K Not gonna happen!

I remember a time when I actually could afford to trade in a vehicle if it developed a rattle, had a dent, or worse, an accident. Those days are over for sure. :spend:

So far, in the Fusion, I get a buzz every so often that I cant place, probably something in the glove box or door, but happy to say its still very quiet. The Flex has a two or three piece dash and one of those pieces tends to work loose and squeaks when you hit bumps. I thought that by now, being that the Flex has been in production since 2008 that they would have resolved it by now, but apparently not.

In one way I cant wait until the kids no longer need those damned car seats, on the other hand, I dont want them growing up so fast. My daughter is over 8 years old now, and it was just like yesterday when I first held her in my arms.

Mine does too, but flipping the sunglasses over solved it. The BD though buzzed and tapping on that door made it go away. It eventually buzzed away whatever was vibrating.

Mine buzzes once in a while, but always when driving so I cant place where it comes from.

I just got a 2013 HyTi and of course, after I take it off the lot, I start hearing songs / voices on the radio that make it buzz. Its related to volume, but starts at or below 50% and gets worse with higher volume - so I can't even turn the volume up much w/o it happening. Seems related to certain frequencies (buzzing when the bass hits a certain note, etc) so I figured it was a bad speaker. I need to talk with the dealership about this but haven't decided where to take it yet. Did you have any luck getting this fixed?

ChrisAshton84,

I posted on another thread of yours, offering to help. Check it out and send me a PM if you need me!

Ashley