Howie411

What is that icon?

Ok, odd not sure why this post showed up blank the first time. Lets try again.http://www.ford.com/ngbs-services/resources/ford/fusion/2014/featurecategories/fsn14_feat_technology_blis.jpg What is the icon directly below the BLIS icon on this Ford Fusion Hybrid Picture.

Also anything think the thin double edge on the drive side (side mirror) is a bit distracting? What purpose does that serve. It looks like a mirror within a mirror.

Edited by Howie411

Are you referring to the icon indicating that the mirror is heated?

I find the fact that the auto-dimming side mirror doesn't extend all the way to the edges to be a bit of an issue because sometimes at night the bright headlights end up shining in the small area that doesn't dim.

Also anything think the thin double edge on the drive side (side mirror) is a bit distracting? What purpose does that serve. It looks like a mirror within a mirror.

In that picture, I think your just seeing the reflection of the window in the mirror

Edited by Toz

Are you referring to the icon indicating that the mirror is heated?

I find the fact that the auto-dimming side mirror doesn't extend all the way to the edges to be a bit of an issue because sometimes at night the bright headlights end up shining in the small area that doesn't dim.

Is that the heated side mirror icon? I wasn't aware that was an option of the FFH, I thought I had gotten every option (pre job 2).

Its not just the picture, there is clearly an outer mirror ring around my drive side mirror, just looks a bit odd.

Is that the heated side mirror icon? I wasn't aware that was an option of the FFH, I thought I had gotten every option (pre job 2).

Its not just the picture, there is clearly an outer mirror ring around my drive side mirror, just looks a bit odd.

Looks like a very simulated picture but yes the icon under the bliss is for the heated mirror. Are you saying you don't have this icon and I thought it's pretty much a standard option nowadays. Maybe is just a pic and all Fusions have heated mirrors.

I dunno, the specs on the 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium don't list heated mirrors as an option. And Hybridbear you are correct, I didn't realize the mirror was auto dimming, maybe that is why it is not heated?

I think the heated and self dimming features only came on the Luxury pack with the SE and standard on the Ti's I have a Job 1 SE with the 502A package and have both.

I do find it disappointing that the auto dimming surface does not extend to the edge of the mirror but it is a very minor issue.

I dunno, the specs on the 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium don't list heated mirrors as an option. And Hybridbear you are correct, I didn't realize the mirror was auto dimming, maybe that is why it is not heated?

They are not listed as an option since they come standard on the Titanium.

They are not listed as an option since they come standard on the Titanium.

Ok, so I guess the question is why does my mirror not have the heated window icon then. :)

Ok, so I guess the question is why does my mirror not have the heated window icon then. :)

I would have to go look at the car to confirm, but I'm 99% sure that our mirrors don't have the icon visible on them. We have an SE with the luxury pkg so the left side mirror is auto dimming. However, I am 100% sure that our mirrors are heated. Both side mirrors are heated, regardless of whether they have the icon visible in the mirror.

The icon shows on models that the heating was optional. I have a Titanium and the heated mirrors are standard. It might have gone in recent years when Ford standardized the heating mirrors. It works when you use the button for heating the rear glass.

The icon shows on models that the heating was optional. I have a Titanium and the heated mirrors are standard. It might have gone in recent years when Ford standardized the heating mirrors. It works when you use the button for heating the rear glass.

Actually any of the defrost buttons activate the heated outside mirror (windshield, rear or max).

Edited by Cobra348