Toz

Yea! Got my window sticker today!!

Bad news... I was told it will not be ready for pickup until Monday. As sad as this is to me, I did just earn an additional $1,250 off ($500 black Friday and $750 private cash). So I really can't complain. Since next week is a holiday week at work, I might just take a few extra days off to spend with the new car to figure how to use everything!

Thanks Erik

well my car is in Bend OR. today, getting closer. I just wish it would quit stopping for a few days at a time in every major rail junction.

Toz,

Looks like your car's probably taking the same train route mine did. I live just outside Spokane, WA. However, your train appears to be moving much quicker than mine did. I didn't track the rail car but it must have taken extended stays at each stop as the delivery date slipped two weeks at the last moment and it was on the train several weeks before that. Here's hoping you have better luck. Once it got here, it took a couple of days to unload and get to the dealer which is in Spokane.

Eric

Toz,

Looks like your car's probably taking the same train route mine did. I live just outside Spokane, WA. However, your train appears to be moving much quicker than mine did. I didn't track the rail car but it must have taken extended stays at each stop as the delivery date slipped two weeks at the last moment and it was on the train several weeks before that. Here's hoping you have better luck. Once it got here, it took a couple of days to unload and get to the dealer which is in Spokane.

Eric

yea, Spokane will be the final destination for the train, after that it will take truck to Pullman. I am just hoping that it does not sit around for a week waiting for a truck to fill up for the trip.

My car is apparently at the dealer (who knows for how long as they didn't notify me, I found out from the web chat at Ford.com). Taking delivery later this week after I get back into town from the holiday.

My car is apparently at the dealer (who knows for how long as they didn't notify me, I found out from the web chat at Ford.com). Taking delivery later this week after I get back into town from the holiday.

This is not the first time I've seen someone write a note like this -- you'd think that the salesman would be pushing to get the PDI done and notify customer so he/she could close the sale! But then again maybe they depend on the inventory manager or sales manager to notify them and the salesman doesn't realize it's there. I understand dealer stock arrivals just sitting there but retail orders have a living/breathing/PAYING person waiting for that phone call!

Edited by jeff_h

Well my car made it to Spokane. Now I just have to wait for it to get on a truck and make the 70 mile trip to our local dealer. Maybe with a little luck I will have my car by this weekend!

Toz,

I see in your signature block reference to a 10-way power passenger seat with the cooled seat option. I read this somewhere too, but my window sticker still reflects the 4-way passenger seat even with cooled seats. Can you direct me to any materials or information on this topic?

Thanks

now that your car has been built you can see all of the options on Etis http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do go to vehicle and enter your VIN. For some reason on the window sticker the only thing that is listed is the 4 way power passenger seat, but the 10 way shows in Etis.

now that your car has been built you can see all of the options on Etis http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do go to vehicle and enter your VIN. For some reason on the window sticker the only thing that is listed is the 4 way power passenger seat, but the 10 way shows in Etis.

Etis is frequently wrong. It is not the "build sheet" for your car. What is on the sticker is normally gospel. I say normally because stuff happens. I recommend you have the dealer print up your build sheet for you. What is on the build sheet is the way your car was built.

Goodluck....

My window sticker says that I have

"INTEGRATED SPOTTER MIRRORS"

but I don't.

It also says that I have

MIRRORS-MAN FOLD DUAL PWR HEATED WITH APPROACH LAMP"

which I do.

I think those two items are mutually exclusive.

I believe the "integrated spotter mirrors" are the standard mirrors with the blind spot mirror in the corners. If you have BLIS, you get the "normal" looking mirrors with the BLIS LED in them.

Dave

I believe the "integrated spotter mirrors" are the standard mirrors with the blind spot mirror in the corners. If you have BLIS, you get the "normal" looking mirrors with the BLIS LED in them.

Dave

That was my point. Both types are on my window sticker but it is not possible for the car to have both types.

Hence a window sticker is not always accurate as to what is in the car.

That was my point. Both types are on my window sticker but it is not possible for the car to have both types.

Hence a window sticker is not always accurate as to what is in the car.

Sure it is. Don't window stickers show the standard features as well as the optional ones?

Dave

Sure it is. Don't window stickers show the standard features as well as the optional ones?

Dave

No. They are only supposed to show what is installed in the car.

Check out some stickers. If the car doesn't have active park assist it won't be on the sticker.

Check out some stickers. If the car doesn't have active park assist it won't be on the sticker.

I believe every Ford window sticker I've seen has listed all standard features for the model/trim, even if you've upgraded out of them. For instance, if you've ordered an SE but added 18" wheels, it will list 17" wheels under standard features and 18" wheels under optional features. The car obviously can't have both, but the window sticker lists both because of how it's laid out. I think this is what dkegel was trying to say.

In the case of the 4-way passenger seat with cooled seat option, the 4-way is standard, but the cooled seats are optional (and includes a 10-way passenger seat).

I think you are missing my point. I did not suggest that a window sticker shows every available option. A window sticker shows the standard features and the options on that car.

Dave

For instance, if you've ordered an SE but added 18" wheels, it will list 17" wheels under standard features and 18" wheels under optional features. The car obviously can't have both, but the window sticker lists both because of how it's laid out. I think this is what dkegel was trying to say.

Exactly

Dave

Etis is frequently wrong. It is not the "build sheet" for your car. What is on the sticker is normally gospel. I say normally because stuff happens. I recommend you have the dealer print up your build sheet for you. What is on the build sheet is the way your car was built.

Goodluck....

I recomended Etis just because it spells out ALL of the options. The window sticker lists 4 way power passanger seat, but under options it lists the heated/cooled seats. It does not list the 10 way power passenger seat on the sticker, but the only way the heated/cooled seats come is with the 10 way power passenger seat. Etis breaks out the options in more detail than the sticker has room for.

I recomended Etis just because it spells out ALL of the options. The window sticker lists 4 way power passanger seat, but under options it lists the heated/cooled seats. It does not list the 10 way power passenger seat on the sticker, but the only way the heated/cooled seats come is with the 10 way power passenger seat. Etis breaks out the options in more detail than the sticker has room for.

Did you hear any more from the dealer? Your car must be close!! :play:

Still sitting in Spokane (about 70 miles away), but assuming we don't get snowed in, there is a pretty good chance that we could have our car by this weekend. I am trying not to get too excited though. I don't want to feel crushed if it takes longer.