Toz

Yea! Got my window sticker today!!

Congratulations! That's a LONG wait. I'm not sure that I'd have the patience for that.

The great thing is that I'm sure that you're going to love the car. I love mine.

Woohoo! Long time coming! I ordered my first one in June, but it came in wrong (I think it was a dealer transfer. Long story.) so I decided to wait for a 2014.

Thanks Erik

Ya, mine was built yesterday the 7th! Exactly 1 week from the sticker date.

Is there a way to track trains besides posting on the other forum? I don't have the post count. To bad they don't have a charge option. I would gladly pay for the service.

Thanks. Erik

Is there a way to track trains besides posting on the other forum? I don't have the post count. To bad they don't have a charge option. I would gladly pay for the service.

Actually you already are paying for the service, as dealers have access to this info and yours should be able to give you more info. However with some dealers (based on reading comments in many threads here) they either don't know how to retrieve a Vehicle Visibility Report (my salesman said he didn't, said the sales manager didn't either) or they don't want to be bothered with digging up the info for their customers for whatever reason.

So ask your salesman and see what he/she says - if they don't know the info, hopefully their sales manager or inventory manager will be able to help... but in the absence of this help, that's why people start their own tracking threads in BOF.

Dealer has been messaged!

Hopefully it's fast since I'm only in Colorado and not on a coast.

Update: The dealer messaged me back and said that they are expecting my car next week! They didn't provide me with a rail car number, but that's what they told me. :)

Thanks Erik

Edited by Erik Strait

I got a rail car number. Its a CNA # so I am looking up tracking info for them. I will update later!

Update: I called 1-800-235-2352. The automated messages were annoying because they couldn't recognize my voice as "CNA", but I finally got it! My car departed from Texas today. No ETA from the tracking system though.

Thanks Erik

Edited by Erik Strait

Great info Murphy! I tried using touchtones but it didn't work. I might have hit the wrong digit.

I kept having to hangup though because it tried connecting me to a live person and the article I did find said not to talk with anyone..

Until it arrives I might just call nightly.

Update: looks like it departed Goodwell, Oklahoma at 3:30pm!

Thanks Erik

Edited by Erik Strait

So here is a dumb question for you guys. When you ordered were you given a priority code (such as M3 or G1)? I have a Fusion Hybrid SE on order and I'm being told that it is going to be MARCH before it gets here but when I spoke to the dealer they said they should have it in January. Just trying to sort out the mess.

I was not given anything. The first information for me to track anything was my VIN #..

This is a heck of a difference. With them already being built I am not sure why you are being told such a long wait. Who told you March?

When I first ordered mine I was told late December/early January. Mine was already built and in transit to me, so they overshot the timeline (most likely to avoid an unhappy customer).

Thanks Erik

So here is a dumb question for you guys. When you ordered were you given a priority code (such as M3 or G1)? I have a Fusion Hybrid SE on order and I'm being told that it is going to be MARCH before it gets here but when I spoke to the dealer they said they should have it in January. Just trying to sort out the mess.

They probably told you that just in case it was like last year and the cars were really delayed. Then when it comes in early, they get to make like they pulled some strings and got it to you early.

OK, so here is the back story. This is a fleet order through the company that I work for for my company car, not a normal customer order which I guess uses different priority codes that are actually more like date codes, actually more like date requests really. This is what I found online: https://www.fleet.ford.com/orders/ordering-and-production/priority-codes/ The code that I was given was M3 which designates a "beginning of production" of the 3rd week of December. According to their fleet ordering optimal order directions located here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/orders/ordering-and-production/optimal-order-submission/ that means if the schedule is followed that the vehicle will be delivered the first week of January. Here is what I don't get. Every vehicle Ford makes has a different timeline as far as building goes. There is no way that Ford could specifically plan out that they would be building that specific car in that specific week. In addition to that all the Detroit auto makers shut down the last 2 weeks of December, or at least they used to. Is it reasonable to say that the vehicle gets built the week before Christmas and then delivered the first week of the year? I don't think so. At the same time if they are building it in December why the heck would it take 2-3 months to get delivered?

My car was also a fleet order for my company as a company car. I was told that fleet orders work entirely separately from normal dealer orders. Primarily that they work on their own priority system. This is because most fleet orders are actually submitted in a way to be timed with a replacement lifecycle. I was told that many fleet orders are held until the end of the year for a spring delivery as this is when the normal Fleet lease cycle starts. My car was ordered on September 4th, it was finally built today and should be here before the end of the month. That's about three months start to finish. Ford has since increased the lead time on Fusion Hybrids to 14-16 weeks for fleet orders, it was 9-12 when I ordered. I would expect that March may actually be a realistic if the order was just placed although likely late January/February is more likely.

Edited by williape1

Mine too, can't wait for it to get on a train. I imagine being in NYC that a train bound for the northeast should be relatively quick to fill and leave soon (hopefully). How long does it typically take? A few days?