B25Nut

One Year Ownership Reports - 2013 FFH

Aggressive turns. I dont slow to a crawl when turning, wastes gas, gets my wife to curse, and puts a smile on my face when she does. However, these tires are wearing out a lot faster than the other ones I had on my 2010, even the rears are worn more than they should be, and they are evenly worn inside to out, so alignment isnt an issue. If it were the wear patterns would be quite evident, more on the inside, or outside, cupping, or feathering would all indicate an alignment issue. I just think I got a crappy set of tires. Like i had said before, the same brand and model tire was on the BD and they had excellent snow traction, and the ones on my HyTi had crappy traction.

My Fusion is 54 weeks old and I am here are my thoughts:

Pros

1. Love the way it handles, drives down the road, and the style
  2. Very Quiet - even at expressway speeds
  3. Sync has worked well - very few problems
  4. Information gauges are very customizable - easy to display exactly what I want.
  5. MPG after 22,250 is overall 39.5, although the gauges indicate 41.3
  6. Mileage includes two trips through Texas in the summer at 80 MPH and the air on full blast
  7. Mileage since October has been 42.6

Cons / Problems

1. Right year window stopped working - was repaired at the dealer in about 30 minutes
  2. Some plastic trim broke off the visor, took about 2 weeks to get it, but replaced easily under warranty
  3. Stock Goodyear Eagle LS-2 18 inch tires ride well, but don't look like they will make it past 35,000 miles
  4. NO spare was an issue, but thanks to this forum, I was able to "make" one
  5. The gauge that shows MPG is about 2 MPG too high - It would be nice to be able to calibrate it.
  6. Hard to get more than 11 gallons of fuel in, even after it shows 0 miles to Empty
  7. Wish updates to the navigation system were more frequent.

Overall, I am very happy with my Fusion. Fuel saving over my old Mercury Marquis will not pay for this $32,000 car, but it will be close, assuming the batteries will go about 8 or 9 years. I would and have reccomended this car to my friends. Buying this was one of my better choices in life!

The batteries are unlikely to go bad in 8 or 9 years. Saving $1000 year for the average 14 year lifetime of a car is a big deal. Check your odometer accuracy with a GPS. Most are 2 % low which with the 4 % high mpg calculation yields 2 % high or only 1 mpg.

OK one year and nearly a month later, I finally got it in for its 3rd oil change. Had the tires rotated, they are wearing evenly, no symptoms of needing an alignment. They are just wearing fast, and it appears this is normal for these tires. The thumping appears(according to the mech) to be the rear rotors, so they machined them under warranty.

Had a TSB done for the Climate control, I can turn the AC compressor off now instead of the open door close door open door get out, run around the car three times and get back in routine. Also had them look at the keypad, it most times would not let me lock the car with the 7/8 9/0 buttons, sometimes it will, other times it will after all the lights are off, but most times not at all. There is a TSB on that too and they replaced a part.

My car is even better now than it was this morning. I haven't driven it, my wife did and she thinks the thump is gone, I will know when I drive it next.

I still think the Black Chrome wheels look the best on the Fusion, no matter what color the car is.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the purchase of my 2013 FFH, so I thought I'd update this thread with my first year experience.

The good:

After 26,876.6 miles on the odometer, the dash displays Avg MPG of 51.7. Yes, we all know this is a stretch, but my actual average after 50 fill-ups recorded in Fuelly is 48.4 MPG. I'm thrilled!

post-12423-0-37196200-1414031655_thumb.jpg

From mid-June through Labor Day, I recorded nearly 54 MPG over ten fill-ups.

Then there was this one week of commuting in August and a 59 MPG 245 mile round trip.

$1,848.77 total fuel costs for the year works out to just 7 cents per mile.

Comfortable interior and ride, heated seats, leather, audio, and navigation.

Added premium window tint and a shark fin antenna.

Oh, and the $775 check from Ford! :happy feet:

The not-so-good:

Dealer had car for a week to repair problems with climate control, keyless entry keypad, global windows up/down, and remote start.

A couple pet peeves with MFT - Don't show me a button to "Install Apps" when there are none. And, display song/artist info in right dash screen when streaming Bluetooth stereo - it can't be that difficult.

Some occasional, hard-to-locate interior buzzes, usually emanating from the center console area or one of the B pillar areas. They come and go. I'll locate and fix them one day when they get on my nerves too much.

Bottom line - the good far outweighs the not-so-good. I've owned a lot of cars, and this FFH is easily my favorite. So much so, that we bought a second one for my wife!

Edited by md13ffhguy

Think of it this way, Cant see the bumper or wheels from the drivers seat! :) Looks like the HyTi has different wheels now too, they dont look anything like what I have on mine.