jowen1224

TSB 13-10-4 LOSS OF ONE-TOUCH-UP POWER WINDOW OPERATION

Both my driver and front passenger windows went stupid this week on my trip to Tennessee. Had to reset them. Guess I will wait till they go dumb again before I take it in. My Z was built 3-22-13 so it falls in the time period of the TSB.

Steve, the problem is that it is intermittent. The reason why mine has never been fixed is because the dealer keeps telling me that they "can't duplicate the problem." If you wait until they go dumb again, they may not be dumb when you get the car to the dealer.I'm going to print the TSB and bring it to them.

Once mine go stupid they don't go back without my help. :gaah:

Nice info, glad they finally figured this issue out. It's not that annoying to me as it's easily fixable with the reset procedure found on these forums.

Also, it may be coincidence, but I usually notice the issue re-occurs after I plug my phone into the usb port.

I had this problem early on (almost 6 months ago now) and was advised to put the window down, hold the down button 2 seconds, release. Put the window up, hold 2 seconds, release.]

This procedure has worked for me. It is not recurring lately, so I am not going to have the dealer assess or fix it. Good info tho on the TSB.

It has only happened on my front windows BTW

The TSB does say that performing the power door window initialization procedure would temporarily "fix" the problem. That procedure is what you describe in your post.

Unfortunately, both the front and rear windows on my Z go stupid occasionally. More so on the front. I guess Ford will be spending a few bucks to fix mine as they will have to replace both rear door modules, and reprogram the driver and passenger door modules. I guess I will also have them try again to enable my DRLs. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX

I've had both font windows go stupid since October 2013. Never both at the same time. Auto up for no apparent reason just stops working for hours or days, then starts working again... can't find a rhyme or reason for it. Since my Fusion will go in next week for the transmission oil leak fix, I'll bring up the TSB and see if they'll do it all at once under the $100 deductible of the extended warranty.

I've had both font windows go stupid since October 2013. Never both at the same time. Auto up for no apparent reason just stops working for hours or days, then starts working again... can't find a rhyme or reason for it. Since my Fusion will go in next week for the transmission oil leak fix, I'll bring up the TSB and see if they'll do it all at once under the $100 deductible of the extended warranty.

RobertIverson,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

I had to reset both front windows again today! I am soooo sick of it. I'm afraid that if I ever have the need to use global close, the fronts will not go up. So, I never use global down and I always make sure the windows are closed before I leave my Z.