GiosHS

HD Radio not working?? ('14 Fusion Hybrid Titanium)

I bought a new Fusion Hybrid last month and the HD radio has not worked at all (everything else works fine). The button does not light if clicked on, and no HD radio stations come up, AM or FM. I checked another Ford (not a Fusion) in the same location with the same MyTouch system, and that one worked fine. The dealer can't figure out what it is and why it won't work - it is definitely part of the package. Any thoughts?

Not sure what might be wrong with yours. In Houston, mine works great. The sound is awesome in my Titanium Hybrid. My Sirius lapsed for a few weeks and i started listening to FM stations. What a difference in sound between HD and Sirius. HD radio really brings out the sound system. Sirius sound is mediocre at best. The dealer needs to make this right for you.

Me too. It has been 2 weeks with my 14 HyTi and the HD radio has yet to light up. I changed stations, locations and band and nothing. I reset the MFT, removed/inserted the fuses that another user suggested, and it just reset the MFT, no changes to the HD Radio. I called my dealer and I am taking the car in.

Ford just issues a service message about this today. Unfortunately it only says that they are aware of the issue but don't yet have a solution. So don't bother taking the car in just yet, they won't be able to fix it.

Just bought a new FFH Titanium this weekend (11/9/13) and I noticed that today too on the way to work. Can press the button but the light never comes on.

Edited by Howie411

this is kind of bumming me out. Guess this will still be an issue when my car gets built this Wed. Oh well. :cry:

I've sent an email to my dealership asking if they are aware of it and or have a quick fix. Waiting to hear back.

this is kind of bumming me out. Guess this will still be an issue when my car gets built this Wed. Oh well. :cry:

You can still play with all the other techie stuff while you wait for the HD radio to be fixed. ;)

Don't worry, the service note says it's only a problem on cars built between 9/23/13 and 11/5/13. In other words, they figured out the problem, they just haven't figured out how to implement the fix in service just yet.

Don't worry, the service note says it's only a problem on cars built between 9/23/13 and 11/5/13. In other words, they figured out the problem, they just haven't figured out how to implement the fix in service just yet.

:mademyday:

Someone forgot to solder in the HD doohicky under the thingamabob to enable to whatchamacallit so that the antenna knows to switch to ultra hyper sensitive, get the HD signal mode.

Sigh, finally heard back from the service department and they said they are not aware of any issues with the HD radio. And if I wanted I could bring my "5 day old car in to have it looked at". About to call Ford Corporate a raise a stink.

Ok, so 10 minutes after I got off the phone with the dealership the service manager calls me back and said the same thing Waldo said. He also said that they have a do no attempt to repair message from Ford. Said he would call me back as soon as they have a fix. Sort of annoys me that a 38k car has a broken radio out of the box....

Edited by Howie411

I hope the fix does not involve having to replace the radio. Having to have the dash ripped apart on a brand new car would be a real bummer. Even if the service department does a good job, it would still make me nervous.

I hope the fix does not involve having to replace the radio. Having to have the dash ripped apart on a brand new car would be a real bummer. Even if the service department does a good job, it would still make me nervous.

It doesn't bother me to rip apart a brand new car. The day after my special ordered 2005 Mustang GT convertible was delivered, I had the entire interior out of the car installing DynaMat throughout the interior and trunk. I also spliced into the brand new wiring harness to install new sequential turn signals and an auto dimming/compass/temp review mirror. After I put it all back together, there wasn't a single rattle or squeak! Whew! :)

It doesn't bother me to rip apart a brand new car. The day after my special ordered 2005 Mustang GT convertible was delivered, I had the entire interior out of the car installing DynaMat throughout the interior and trunk. I also spliced into the brand new wiring harness to install new sequential turn signals and an auto dimming/compass/temp review mirror. After I put it all back together, there wasn't a single rattle or squeak! Whew! :)

That is exactly what I would worry about, the squeaks and rattles. That, and I think plastic spring clips were invented by the Devil.

Ok, so its been 3 weeks and Ford still doesn't have a fix for this issue, how long is reasonable to wait when you have a defect on your brand new car before you raise a stink!

Ok, so its been 3 weeks and Ford still doesn't have a fix for this issue, how long is reasonable to wait when you have a defect on your brand new car before you raise a stink!

IMHO it's long past time. They should be able to pop that radio out and replace it with a new one in less than a half hour. If there is a problem inside of the radio that is what they will have to do anyway. There is no one at a dealer that knows how to fix radios.

Of course all radios may already be scheduled for installation in new cars and there are no replacements available.

Look how long it took Ford to release a TSB for the express window up problem! Patience grasshopper... patience. :)

BTW, it took Ford 3.5 months to deliver a new steering wheel airbag for my Z. I finally raised a stink at 3 months, so they shipped one from the factory in Mexico to my Ford dealer. This grasshopper ran out of patience after 3 months. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX

I had the same issue (stopped working 3 mins after I took it out of the dealership) (ford fusion hybrid titanium 2013).

The dealer had to get a module to be fixed, and the dealer was able to fix it (Hammonasset Ford, Madison CT).

Edited by rampras

I bought a new Fusion Hybrid last month and the HD radio has not worked at all (everything else works fine). The button does not light if clicked on, and no HD radio stations come up, AM or FM. I checked another Ford (not a Fusion) in the same location with the same MyTouch system, and that one worked fine. The dealer can't figure out what it is and why it won't work - it is definitely part of the package. Any thoughts?

Just took delivery of my 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium a week ago (Dec. 2, 2013) and like you, no HD radio! We will return the new car to the Dealer service center within the next two weeks to see their response. What happened to the old slogan Ford "Quality First"? :). Though this is the only issue I've found so far. I'm hoping only a minor inconvenience. We'll see and let you know soon...

Edited by Lloyd2

I have been told that a software fix has just been released. It apparently requires leaving the car and several hours of reprogramming. I have not yet had mine done, but I assume it is available at all dealerships.

Yep, just released last Friday. it's just a software reprogram of the ACM, it shouldn't take hours.

Yep, just released last Friday. it's just a software reprogram of the ACM, it shouldn't take hours.

What is an ACM? Access Control Module?