Adam Gilles

Problems with tips

Ok so I am now going on 4000 miles on my FHH. I have read almost every tip in the forum but still don't get how so many people get 50+ on a commute or 47 MPG. Yesterday I was reading about one guy who gets 55mpg on his 50 mile commute as he sets the cruise on 62 the whole time on the freeway and gets 50/50 EV and ITE. Yesterday on my 32 mile commute, which is 26 freeway I set the ECO Cruise on 62. The only time it went on EV was going downhill other than that it hovered around the 40 mark. I ended up with 41 MPG for trip as off the freeway it is in EV or EV+ mode almost the whole time. I am very good at braking and filling up my battery, but don't understand why it doenst go into EV on the freeway when using cruise. It will be in EV when I pulse and glide then I hit the Cruise and immdeiately goes down to 40 or less MPG..

Thanks

I will check elevation..seems most the freeway is flat..I will also check my tires. AC is not on and neither is heat as it was about 55 degerees in SE Michigan

I found on flat roads, staying on ICE and feathering the throttle gets between 45-50 MPG, but you have to work it.

I have a question on the tips, but don't know what topic to reply in and didn't feel like starting another so I'm posting here.

When you guys say something like "Accelerate at the 2nd bar", etc., do you have the instant MPG bar turned on? The bars appear to be spaced differently with it on or off. Since it's a gauge and somewhat hard to read, I find it practically useless and only keep it visible on 1 of the screens. I much prefer the larger empower gauge as it's easier to fine-tune my driving with a bigger range to work with.