smr2112

Rear Park Alert Comes On in Slow Traffic

Just the other day, I noticed that in driving in slow (ie, stop and go traffic) the Rear Park Alert will come on

briefly when another car gets close to me. That is going like 2 miles per hour. Very weird, car is in "D"

and does not change, last about 2 seconds.

Thought this should never happen, anybody every experience this while driving. Only makes sense when

you are backing up with the car in "R" - right?

Happened 2-3 times this past week on the way home from work in stop/go traffic. Otherwise doesn't

happen in regular driving.

Rear Park Alert should only be going on when the car is in Reverse. I'd bring it in to be checked.

This may be as designed, as we were going to skip getting the Active Park Assist (APA) on my wife's car as she never parallel parks... but then right before purchase I was looking through the brochure/website/forums (don't remember which) I read that the APA also came with front sensors that would alert driver to close objects when moving forward slowly -- and since she would use this often when pulling into the garage, we went with it.

So maybe that's the front sensors going off, or I've also found that the side sensors go off when getting close to an object (happens at the drive-thru ATM)... anyway, sounds like your car may be working as designed if you have the APA.

Hasn't happened again and it definitely says "Rear Park Alert". I was wondering if there was a leaf

or something stuck to the bumper blocking the sensor. Maybe I need to was the car. Won't

drive the dealer nuts with this unless it continues to happen.