Can we all expect a surprise Easter egg when we figure it out before Ford engineering does ? ;)

Hey corncobs,

Not unless it's from the Easter Bunny. ;)

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

I just saw this topic - thank goodness because i thought I was either hallucinating or the car is haunted.

I drive through rural areas and i find the ambient lighting quite distracting so i turn them off and leave them off.

Except, maybe twice a month they'll come on (often midway through a drive!) of their own accord. I can't relate this to any physical switches, temperature, remote start, etc.). Since I am the only driver, only use one set of keys, and this happens infrequently (once every 20 trips on average) - I can't nail down the cause.

Twice in that time (I've had the car 8 months & 20k miles) both outside mirrors point straight down. Once this occurred when I was backing up and used the zoom feature on the backup camera but couldn't get it to happen again. If i had to guess it's either a firmware issue or perhaps an intermittent short somewhere.

Cheers!

/Gerry

My MKT changes to the white LED instead of the blue. My Fusion is always blue, so it never changes, I guess white is default in the MKT and blue in the Fusion.

The doors turn red when you open them no matter what color they are set to. Curious why the update didnt fix the issue with reset to default, which is blue.

I have a 2014 Fusion Titanium and I have the same issue with ambient lighting. No matter what color I configure, a week or so later it resets to the default light blue. You will also notice when you open the door it changes to this color. The dealer said the latter is by design. The updated software, but the random reset issue still persists.

Hi wchristie,

Be sure to let your dealership know that the issue hasn't been resolved and see what they recommend. Unfortunately, this can't be resolved through the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer.

Kim