I wonder if that is one of the settings that gets "reset" when the battery charge gets low. Kinda like the Express up/down window feature goes stupid if the battery gets low. :zombi:

Edited by SteveB_TX

The module tsb for the window up down issue also updates some software for the ambient lighting. maybe its saved in its memory and not the MFT. it does loose the window settings after all

Well it finally happened to me. Just the other day I had to make a rare night time trip and noticed my ambient lighting had reset to white. At least the express window up still functioned properly. :)

It doesn't list it but I don't see that being a big enough deal enough have complained about to get it noted. Being it's in the same module and the windows forget and u gotta reset them it possible everything that module does gets randomly forgotten.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm that there have been documented instances of this occurring after updating to V3.6.2. I suggest scheduling an appointment with your service department for further testing.

Kim

At least they did something, and didn't say, no trouble found. :)

I brought my '13 HyTi in for an oil change today and requested they investigate my ambient lighting changing color on its own.

Here's what it says on my receipt:

I have yet to see if this solves the problem. Time will tell.

Thanks for the update! :)

Kim

Sorry to report that my ambient lighting switched from orange to blue again on its own.

An interesting note: when I went to the settings screen in MFT, and then the ambient lighting, the orange globe was shown but then it immediately rotated to the blue globe without any input from me.

I suggest continuing to work with the dealership. It is important to communicate this information to them so they know the issue has not been resolved.

Kim

I have this same problem

Hey LASooner,

Unfortunately, I am unable to walk you through troubleshooting to get this resolved. My best suggestion is to let your dealership know about the ambient lighting issue.

Kim

I noticed the other day that my blue ball on the MFT is purple on the LED. the dark blue is the light blue ball. They havent changed colors on me, but I did notice that the balls dont match the color of the LED.

Happened once again to me last week. I had (as I always do) the ambient lighting set to orange while driving the family to a restaurant for dinner. My daughter commented on the orange color because we were going to an early dinner due to the Syracuse basketball game starting at 6PM that day.

When we came out to the car after dinner, the ambient lighting had changed to blue. I also noticed that the MFT screen was set at full brightness, even though I have had it set purposely very dim. When my wife (in the passenger seat) went into the ambient lighting settings on MFT the orange globe showed for a brief second before rotating to the blue sphere.

This is a bug that has not been fixed.

I noticed the other day that my blue ball on the MFT is purple on the LED. the dark blue is the light blue ball. They havent changed colors on me, but I did notice that the balls dont match the color of the LED.

I have the same problem. Have not tried to get it fixed yet. My rearview mirrors sometimes lose their settings and point down towards the ground on both sides, too.

Hello,

This is now a known concern. I am still unable to provide any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. I recommend keeping an eye out for future software updates at: www.Support.Ford.com I don't recommend scheduling an appointment at your dealer just to report this, but if you're taking your vehicle in for service anyway, be sure to bring this to their attention.

Same problem, though I have a theory it resets when I use remote start. I will test further.

Hi Bryan Burch,

I haven't heard that theory before. Let us know what you find. You have me curious now. :)

Kim