Can someone tell me,

1. if the 2013 Fusion Hybrid Energi gets Regenerative power or charging when simply letting off the gas pedal or costing without using the brake,

2. Is this increased when engaging the downhill button on the shifter, I know this increases the RPM's of the motor going Downhill like turning off an overdrive but I wonder if it captures the energy at a higher rate such as braking would?

It would capture more than not having it on. But alot of the potential energy to be captures is wasted forcing the motor around like a engine break.

Also letting off the gas and coasting on flat land or on a bridge/hill will give you some regen.

What Eddie said !

Any time you see the arrow above the battery display pointing up the battery is charged. You will get the most regen when braking since you actually wanna slow down at a faster rate.

The revs definitely go up once the HVB is full then it's straight engine braking mine did that a lot going down the Rockies. ;-)

Is there an indicator light or gauge that tells me at what point when pressing the brake pedal you go from Regen charging to the point where the break calipers are being engaged? In other words when I press softly on the brake is it just charging the HVB? Can Regen occur with a soft touch to the brake pedal without the brake pads touching the rotors

Is there an indicator light or gauge that tells me at what point when pressing the brake pedal you go from Regen charging to the point where the break calipers are being engaged? In other words when I press softly on the brake is it just charging the HVB? Can Regen occur with a soft touch to the brake pedal without the brake pads touching the rotors

The brake score is a good indicator the closer you get to 100% the less you use the friction brakes. It all depends how hard you step on the brake the system will try to get as much regen as possible but if you need to stop fast it will engage the friction brakes.

I think it was member jeff_h that IIRC said after 130k the brakes on his 2010 FFH where still within the original spec from factory.