I did not have my front windshield done. As such, there wasn't any change in the rain sensors.

I need to post my pix. My car looks "shop" (as they say here in Boston for "sharp").

Pix!

QVjiZbo.jpg

2RSsM5l.jpg

ltNw4tt.jpg

Lesson learned: Find a way to dry off the car prior to washing it...

I'll try to get better pix of the tinting at a later time, but it's hard with the weather in the northeast!

Edited by KLH

No impact at all. The rear-view mirror auto-dims just fine at night. AFAIK, it's driven by a sensor in the front window (i.e. activate when dark). There has been no downside... except now I want the tint darker than the law permits.

It's just cool.

We tinted our Fusion Hybrid a month after we bought it. In Oregon the legal limit is 35. On the stock car, the windows show that they are already at 35. We had 35 put on the 2 front doors, nothing done to the windshield, and 20 on all the other windows. No problems with the cops. I think it's because we only did the 35 on the front door windows. No problems with seeing out of any windows. It adds a lot to the look of the car! Glad we did it.