KLH

Buy the FFH because of FFE's Trunk Space?

The fact that the Volt only seats 4 is what eliminated it for us. We far too often have to take 5 people in the car.

AGREE,

Prius, Volt, Leaf. All 4 passenger vehicles.

The Fusion was the only 5 passenger that was of interest to me. I need the extra seat and use it quite often.

FFE was something I looked into. But the trunk space shut me down. Show me anytime you drive 5 people and don't need to put something in the trunk for space.

What I need now is a hybrid minivan. The rolling toaster is getting old and I really don't ever want to buy a vehicle that gets less than 30MPG. Ever!

Prius does seat 5. I had 2 car seats and a 14 YO in the back, was a bit cramped, but they still fit.

The Prius & Leaf both seat 5 in the sense that they have 5 seat belts.

Maybe they can fit in the back seating sideways.

Adults shoulder to shoulder would be very uncomfortable.

For our daily commute a Volt would work since we usually only have the two kids when out of school, but there are plenty of times where there are 5 of us going somewhere, and I don't always like to take the MKT out, only because, like the FFH, short trips suck up gas, and I would rather get 34 MPG in the FFH than 13 in the MKT. What kept me from getting a pure electric, like the Focus is range. I need a guaranteed 100+ mile range out of it, since my daily drive with the wife, dropping off the kids is 95 or more miles if there is a lunch trip too. It's 45 miles each way without any side trips.

I would have liked to get a FFETi, but my dealer is not EV certified, and I did not like how the dealer CC got his from came across the subject. He was, you don't want this car, and I got bad vibes. That and I highly doubt they would sell it for invoice to me like mine would. If something were to happen to mine and it got totaled, the first thing on the list would be a used FFE Ti, if I could find one.

I work for a small company that rents its office space, so the chances of getting a charging station are about the same was winning powerball.