Has anyone installed (or had installed) a moonroof wind deflector on their 2013+ FFH? Is it needed? Does it greatly reduce wind noise? I find it curious that no one has mentioned this as a great-to-have accessory. I ask this because my last car (Honda CRV) had one and the reflector dramatically reduced wind noise when the moonroof was open.

On my FFH, I notice that wind noise isn't too bad until you fully open up the roof. I'd like insight into whether a deflector can reduce the noise or if they are hard to install. As I've read that several deflectors (Auto Ventshade) are secured by only tape(!) and - since they aren't made for specific cars - may not even fit our FFH correctly.

What has been your experience?

Has anyone installed (or had installed) a moonroof wind deflector on their 2013+ FFH? Is it needed? Does it greatly reduce wind noise? I find it curious that no one has mentioned this as a great-to-have accessory. I ask this because my last car (Honda CRV) had one and the reflector dramatically reduced wind noise when the moonroof was open.

On my FFH, I notice that wind noise isn't too bad until you fully open up the roof. I'd like insight into whether a deflector can reduce the noise or if they are hard to install. As I've read that several deflectors (Auto Ventshade) are secured by only tape(!) and - since they aren't made for specific cars - may not even fit our FFH correctly.

What has been your experience?

Seems like Ford realized there was a rumbling noise when the roof was opened all the way, then addressed it by a having a two stage opening. I just open my Moon Roof to the first stop and leave it, there is no rumbling in this first position. I only open it fully when stopped. The Fusion is equipped with a small wind deflector that is deployed automatically.

If you're talking about the semi permanent one that attaches to the roof, it's not for me. I think it would destroy the beautiful lines of the Fusion. Your views on the subject might be different.

Do you know about the moonroof vent position obtained by tapping the closed button? If you then crack a rear window open, quite a breeze is created for the front seat occupant on the other side of the car from the cracked window.

The Fusion is equipped with a small wind deflector that is deployed automatically.

I didn't realize that. I was having too much fun driving to notice. Huh.

Do you know about the moonroof vent position obtained by tapping the closed button? If you then crack a rear window open, quite a breeze is created for the front seat occupant on the other side of the car from the cracked window.

I love finding new things to play with. I must admit, I think that I love my FFH car!

If you're talking about the semi permanent one that attaches to the roof, it's not for me. I think it would destroy the beautiful lines of the Fusion. Your views on the subject might be different.

Nah, we're on the same page... but I would explore getting an ugly semi-permanent wind deflector if I had to. I love the open air feel of the moonroof.

Exactly! This is how I set the moonroof/windows quite often.

Now that I've had more time to ride in the car (love it, btw), I don't see a need for a deflector. I guess that this topic is done now.

Thanks everyone.