Sign in to follow this  
KLH

How to find the Sync / MFT version on car?

I have just purchased a new 2013 FFH-ES and just created an account on syncmyride.com. The site just notified me that I should install the new Sync/MFT update. After unzipping it to a flashdrive, I plugged the flashdrive into my car. Sync immediately recognized the update and started to install it... but stopped 5 seconds in saying that the update has already been applied. (Nice touch, dealer!)

My question is this: How can we see what version of Sync/MFT the car has? I can't find the versions anywhere.

Nevermind. I just found out (via the SyncMyRide.com site) that there's a version checker. My Sync/MFT is indeed up-to-date.

This is a rather kludgy process to expect regular people to follow (uploading an .XML???? Really???). Why not just connect the car to WiFi, pull the update, and report it to Ford? I suppose the answer is that not everyone has MFT...

Worse yet, when you use EAP for the encryption. No place to stick the certificate. Guess my cars will never use my home wifi.