jonessoda

My climate control wigged out the other day...

I was on a ~350 mile road trip and after a stop for lunch (never have to stop for gas anymore :happy feet: ) and when I get back on the road and turn the climate control on, the temperatures read 00 and the heater comes on through the floor vents. I try adjusting the temperature and nothing happens, right away. Then after some fiddling with it I got the temperatures to change, but they were changing to weird numbers (like in the 20s). I finally got the temperature to something reasonable and finished my trip. After the car was shut off for a few days and I started my trip back everything appeared to be working normally. I thought about taking it into the dealer but I suspect they won't be able to replicate the issue.

Anyone else have anything like that happen to them?

I moved it to the climate control section.

I have not seen anything like this but we have had strange experiences with the climate control sometimes. Since it is run by MyFord/MyFordTouch I'm guessing that there are some software code bugs that cause such things from time to time.

Is there an easy way to do a hard reset of the MFT system? I did the system reset from the settings menu, but that didn't do anything. I could disconnect the 12v battery I suppose, but I'm curious if there's another way.

Is there an easy way to do a hard reset of the MFT system? I did the system reset from the settings menu, but that didn't do anything. I could disconnect the 12v battery I suppose, but I'm curious if there's another way.

This is Pinned in our MFT Section.

Plus, there is a discussion on the Ford Edge Forum.

The same issue has just happened to my 2013 Fusion Hybrid. Were you able to solve your problem? Auto setting just cranks out heat at high fan speed if I set it to auto. Temp get set to 00 and panel controls won't move it. I've tried multiple system resets. Planning to contact the dealer, but just wondering if anyone elses has had this happen and what will fix it.

Patrick

I have had this FFH for almost a year now, and have experienced several what I call "ghost occurrences". The most annoying tends to be the "Climate Control ghost". It has only happened to me 3 or 4 times, but at random, the Climate Control turns itself on, the Heat begins to blast at full throttle - cabin and floor vents - and the Climate Control auto temps are altered. When it is already 95+ degrees in the Houston summer, it is incredibly surprising when it happens. But, similar to "jonessoda", I reset the CC temps and everything appears to be normally operating once again.

I tend to agree with hybridbear's software bug "from time to time" theory, since it has not proven to be a consistent problem. (I have never addressed it with the dealer or service dept.)

I had something similar happen with weird and unreasonable values being listed for the temperature. I don't have MFT so my experience may have been different.

In my case, I could change the temperature setting by turning the climate dial to the left but not to the right. Turning the car on/off or any of the other climate control buttons didn't help. I eventually was able to fix it by continually cycling through all of the weird values until it eventually went back to something normal (80 F). I just left it there for a few trips and when I tried to change it, it worked.

I was on a ~350 mile road trip and after a stop for lunch (never have to stop for gas anymore :happy feet: ) and when I get back on the road and turn the climate control on, the temperatures read 00 and the heater comes on through the floor vents. I try adjusting the temperature and nothing happens, right away. Then after some fiddling with it I got the temperatures to change, but they were changing to weird numbers (like in the 20s). I finally got the temperature to something reasonable and finished my trip. After the car was shut off for a few days and I started my trip back everything appeared to be working normally. I thought about taking it into the dealer but I suspect they won't be able to replicate the issue.

Anyone else have anything like that happen to them?

Let us know if the temp actually reaches 20 degrees inside! ;) Hope it works properly for you now.

I had this happen in my 2010 Flex, which appeared to be a common occurrence for that year. The fix was an added ground strap. A loose ground can cause all kinds of grief.

I just the forum while searching for this issue.

I downloaded the delayed reboot USB file from the edge/sync forum and that actually did not fix the issue for me.

What fixed it, was using the steering wheel climate control over the one on the Sync touchscreen, which actually really made go haywire - it actually turned on my engine while I was plugged in and charging in my garage, which I've never had happen!

By using the steering while climate control, I was able to select "sane" values, such as 72F and then when I held down "my temp" in Sync it stored the temperature and hasn't gone back to 00 since.

I think an erroneous glitch/reboot caused "my temp" to get stored at 00 and once there, I couldn't get out of it through Sync itself.

I have a 2014 Fusion energi with the latest Sync software.

Hi, by the way!

I had the same issue with my 2014 Fusion Energi. Last year I took it to the dealership but they didn't know what to do and it resolved itself in a few days. Yesterday it happened again. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes (cleaned the terminals and posts while waiting) and now it works normally.