Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

MKZ Hybrid vs. Fusion Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Mine must not work. I guess when i goto the dealership im gonna have to sit in a 2014 and see. Because I saw a 2013 f250 and there seat coolers worked alot better than mine too

I will admit the back is weak compared to the butt cushion. I do notice it cooling more when I get in when I am all sweaty. LOL

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Bob Teddy

Bob Teddy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 71 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:mKz Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Included is a link for spreadsheet of 6 different cars (4 being MKZ Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid + Nissan Altima) & also a gas mpg savings calculator on second tab of excel sheet

Figured Someone may stumble upon it and its way easier then making up your own.... like i just did.....

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

With the very high priced Fusion Hybrid I have on order and the pretty descent priced MKz Hybrid I have on the sheet (No Heated Steering Wheel/Rear Heated Seats/Premium Floor Mats/19" Wheels/Panaromic Roof) the payment same term at 60 months is only $54.23 more a month for the MkZ Hybrid.....  :happy feet:

Edited by Bob Teddy, 02 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

#43 OFFLINE   Bob Teddy

Bob Teddy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Any difference in like the leather quality in mKz vs fusion? Or similar things like that?

#44 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Hybrid

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Leather vs the titanium is alot nicer. Also the comfort it alot better. 

I cant say vs the SE luxury package. Havent seen one. 

225770.png

#45 OFFLINE   Bob Teddy

Bob Teddy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I'm comparing the titanium leather.... Any thing else that would be different or of higher quality not really mentioned in specs??

P.s. Thanks for speedy as hell answers

#46 OFFLINE   Eddie Sessum

Eddie Sessum

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Hybrid

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I didn't look that close at the titanium after they couldn't get me a white platinum one I decided to move on.. That's when I got lucky with my special order that the guy didn't take delivery

225770.png

#47 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

The deciding factor for me between the HyTi and the MKZ was the fact you can only get a Black leather interior in the HyTi, which I will not own.  Not just because of the added heat factor here in north Texas, but the "sitting in a cave" feel I get when surrounded by all that black.  I have never understood why manufacturers have the take-it-or-leave-it attitude on certain option packages.  Besides, the leather in the Z is sooooo soft and comfy.  :)

#48 OFFLINE   dkegel

dkegel

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Ti

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

The deciding factor for me between the HyTi and the MKZ was the fact you can only get a Black leather interior in the HyTi, which I will not own.  Not just because of the added heat factor here in north Texas, but the "sitting in a cave" feel I get when surrounded by all that black.  I have never understood why manufacturers have the take-it-or-leave-it attitude on certain option packages.  Besides, the leather in the Z is sooooo soft and comfy.  :)

Really?  Seems like if you can afford the $8k difference in price it's a no brainer.  :)  I'm with you though.  I don't particular like black either but I will say that in the long run it does hold up better.  Light colored leather doesn't handle jeans well (they turn blue-ish over time), and the surface creases that leather develops are much less noticeable on black.

Dave

Edited by dkegel, 06 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Really?  Seems like if you can afford the $8k difference in price it's a no brainer.  :)  I'm with you though.  I don't particular like black either but I will say that in the long run it does hold up better.  Light colored leather doesn't handle jeans well (they turn blue-ish over time), and the surface creases that leather develops are much less noticeable on black.

Dave

Okay, I guess I miss-typed. I should have said that the black only interior was the deal killer. Price was not a factor in my decision on which to purchase. Options and looks won out with the MKZ. I agree light leather requires more work to keep nice, but if taken care of, light leather looks fantastic as it ages. :)

#50 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ford announced today a recall for the MKZ Hybrid:

Separately, Ford said today that it is recalling 7,329 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid cars to reprogram the powertrain control module. It said a manufacturing error in a sensor could cause the module to incorrectly think the car is in neutral and allow the transmission to shift out of park without the brake pedal applied. This could cause the vehicle to move unexpectedly and violates government regulations regarding theft protection and rollaway prevention.
Ford said it is not aware of any accidents, injuries or thefts related to that issue. The recall covers 2013 and 2014 MKZ Hybrid cars built through Sept. 24.

They also announced two more recalls for the Escape with the 1.6 engine relating to fire dangers. If I hadn't gotten the Hybrid, my second choice would have been the 1.6 Fusion. So glad I got the FFH.

#51 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Oh wonderful!  I looked on MyLincoln and yep, I am being recalled for this issue.  Fanfriggintastic!  :ohsnap:   I guess I will have them perform the express window up TSB and let them try to get my DRLs working while the computer is hooked up.  Thanks for ruining my Thanksgiving B25Nut!!   ;)   

#52 OFFLINE   timf

timf

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 47 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

I logged into MyLincoln yesterday for the first time and the recall notice was the first thing I noticed.  I also saw them mention it on the news last night.  Doesn't sound too serious, but it looks like they'll be able to address it while my car is in the shop getting the bumper fixed.

250671.png

#53 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Well, I give Ford two thumbs up for doing this before something bad happened to someone. They found a glitch in the very complicated system and they are fixing it before someone gets hurt.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• corncobs likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#54 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

The one thing I always notice when I drive my wife's Fusion (vs my Genesis) is the auto-tilt of the steering wheel upon egress. Does the MKZ have this?  That and HID headlights..

Edited by Aquineas, 27 November 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Bordeaux Reserve Ford Fusion Titanium ordered 5/6/2013, Window Sticker 6/22/2013, Built 6/28/2013, Delivered 7/12/2013.

I'd rather you tell me something I already know 1,000 times, than not tell me something I don't know once.

#55 OFFLINE   timf

timf

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 47 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

There is supposedly an exit mode that my dealer enabled when we were going through the settings on my car, but nothing moves for me when I get out.  I already have the steering wheel as far up as it will go and the seat as far back as it will go so that probably has something to do with it.

250671.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·