Bob Teddy

MKZ Hybrid vs. Fusion Hybrid

Sorry. Not lifetime maintenance, lifetime warranty. Not sure if it will be bumper to bumper or power train. I guess we'll see.

Dave

It's lifetime Roadside Assistance, not maintenance or warranty. :)

To get :backtotopic: :

I forgot about the MKZ having LED "signature" light strips up front vs the available Fog lights for the Fusion. No Fog lights available for the Z.

I prefer a cooled back to a cooled butt. The Flex only cools my butt even though it has cooling on the back, but it is nothing like the cooled seats the F150 had. Freeze your nutz off, literally! With that said, I dont think I would spend the extra for cooled seats unless there was no choice if it was in a package of other items I did want.

I agree I wish it had a cooled back. Ive never had a ford that did good with cooled back. My f250 had a cooled butt but it worked about as good as someone blowing in a straw behind the seat and would take 30+min to feel cool.

I wonder why GM makes cooled backs and ford doesnt...

I agree I wish it had a cooled back. Ive never had a ford that did good with cooled back. My f250 had a cooled butt but it worked about as good as someone blowing in a straw behind the seat and would take 30+min to feel cool.

I wonder why GM makes cooled backs and ford doesnt...

Our MKZs DO have cooled backs Eddie... From the Lincoln website:

No matter the time of year, hot or cold, enjoy the comfort of heated and cooled front seats* each with three individual temperature settings. A thermal engine, operated independently of the car’s climate control system, heats or cools the air, then circulates it through the seat back and cushion.

• *Heated front seats standard; cooled front seats optional.

Mine must not work. I guess when i goto the dealership im gonna have to sit in a 2014 and see. Because I saw a 2013 f250 and there seat coolers worked alot better than mine too

Mine must not work. I guess when i goto the dealership im gonna have to sit in a 2014 and see. Because I saw a 2013 f250 and there seat coolers worked alot better than mine too

I will admit the back is weak compared to the butt cushion. I do notice it cooling more when I get in when I am all sweaty. LOL

Leather vs the titanium is alot nicer. Also the comfort it alot better.

I cant say vs the SE luxury package. Havent seen one.

I didn't look that close at the titanium after they couldn't get me a white platinum one I decided to move on.. That's when I got lucky with my special order that the guy didn't take delivery

The deciding factor for me between the HyTi and the MKZ was the fact you can only get a Black leather interior in the HyTi, which I will not own. Not just because of the added heat factor here in north Texas, but the "sitting in a cave" feel I get when surrounded by all that black. I have never understood why manufacturers have the take-it-or-leave-it attitude on certain option packages. Besides, the leather in the Z is sooooo soft and comfy. :)

Really? Seems like if you can afford the $8k difference in price it's a no brainer. :) I'm with you though. I don't particular like black either but I will say that in the long run it does hold up better. Light colored leather doesn't handle jeans well (they turn blue-ish over time), and the surface creases that leather develops are much less noticeable on black.

Dave

Okay, I guess I miss-typed. I should have said that the black only interior was the deal killer. Price was not a factor in my decision on which to purchase. Options and looks won out with the MKZ. I agree light leather requires more work to keep nice, but if taken care of, light leather looks fantastic as it ages. :)