Toz

Sunset..hmmm

I have been dead set on ordering a RubyRed HyTi for over a year now, but after EWoodruff posted pics of his Sunset FFH I am considering changing my mind. In those pictures it is really eye catching.

Edited by Toz

I still like ruby red better. Nothing prettier in the sun!!!

Have you seen Sunset in the sun? I saw a Fusion in Sunset yesterday morning at the local dealer. It's beautiful!

Dave

Looks even better with black rims, too bad only available on non hybrid SE and below.

That the customer can't pick the wheels he wants will never make sense to me. If Ford offers 5 different wheels you should be able to pick any one regardless of trim level obviously with an upcharge on lower trim levels.

It's a great color. On the Fusion web site in the gallery and the color samples, I think it looks a lot more orange than it really is. On the actual car I think it looks closer to a dark red from a distance but up close you can see more of the dark orange in there. I'm very happy with it either way.

It's a great color. On the Fusion web site in the gallery and the color samples, I think it looks a lot more orange than it really is. On the actual car I think it looks closer to a dark red from a distance but up close you can see more of the dark orange in there. I'm very happy with it either way.

Yes! It's much darker than I expected. The one I saw was parked next to a Ruby Red one and the difference is more subtle than you'd think.

Dave

I know this is a really basic S model (wheel covers, no MFT, etc.), but these pics show what a glossy rich color this is. I'm thinking if I had the option on my 2013, I'd probably have picked this (although I still love the Dark Side)

01.jpg
02.jpg

It's so hard to see accurately on a monitor. That looks like Ruby Red to me.

Dave

It's so hard to see accurately on a monitor. That looks like Ruby Red to me.

I have a '13 RR Focus out in the garage. I should see what it looks like on my monitor to compare

Edited by dkegel

The Fusion has such a great paint job on it, that all colors, well except the muted silver and gray, look great on the car. Its one of the few paint jobs that is nearly perfectly flat. If you look at a few other cars at an angle you can see valleys and hils in the paint from a not so smooth application, heck when I was at the Lincold dealer, there was an MKX on the floor that had a rookie paint job on it, I did a better job on my 95 Grand Marquis.

The Fusion has such a great paint job on it, that all colors, well except the muted silver and gray, look great on the car. Its one of the few paint jobs that is nearly perfectly flat. If you look at a few other cars at an angle you can see valleys and hils in the paint from a not so smooth application, heck when I was at the Lincold dealer, there was an MKX on the floor that had a rookie paint job on it, I did a better job on my 95 Grand Marquis.

I thought most cars were painted by robots at the factory these days.

I thought most cars were painted by robots at the factory these days.

True but if the parameters for the robot aren't set right even they screw up.

I don't know if all manufacturers do the "dry paint" where it's basically just a electrical charge that holds the paint on the car until it's backed.

Here is a nice video link with paint robots. See next post it wouldn't show!

Here is a link for a website explaining the paint process differences.

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/consumer-interest/NPckqt5/automotive-paint.htm

Edited by corncobs

Laying paint is sort of an art form. It takes a lot of skill and patience to lay a film down that is slick and smooth with no runs. If put on too heavy it will run or sag, too light and it is uneven, too far away and it gets rough. Too fast and it looks like those cars I saw at the Lincoln dealer. If the robots arent programmed spot on, then you wont get as nice a finish.

Looks like the Fusion/MKZ plant has their paint line setup perfectly. The finish looks as though they did a color blend with wet sanding and polishing, thats the only true way to get a perfectly smooth look.

was at the dealership today and was comparing a Ruby Red and a Sunset Escape that were parked right next to each other. In the shade, or low light they both looked really close to each other, but when the sun was shining you could really see the difference. The orange really comes out in the Sunset, while the Ruby just gets Redder. I have to say that after seeing them in person that I am really leaning towards the Sunset. I love the Ruby (as you can see from my badge) but I think that Sunset has won me over.

I reserved a Sunset MKZ Hybrid today and am picking it up on Thursday. I had gone back and forth between it and Dark Side, but ultimately decided to buy what the dealer had on the lot. It really looked nice under the lights of the showroom as it should in bright sunlight, and in flat light it's still holds a nice deep red rather than being mistaken for black.

I saw a sunset FFH titanium on the lot yesterday and I thought it looked amazing, but too much burnt orange is mixed in that paint for me to drive one.

I took delivery of my MKZ Hybrid yesterday. The color looks really nice, and I've already received complements on it.

post-12333-0-23138600-1385329093_thumb.jpg

post-12333-0-77405800-1385329099_thumb.jpg

Yeah I stopped at my dealer the other day and they only MKZ hybrid they had was Sunset. I have to say I definitely prefer the color on the MKZ over the Fusion, for some reason. I was looking at it under artificial lighting and it looked more burnt orange to me at that time. Beside my Bordeaux Fusion, the colors looked great together!

(Go Hokies)