Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

back up camera

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

My 2013 FFH has a backup center line. I have never used it but it's there. You have to press the + sign in the upper left hand corner of the MFT to get to the center line.

The forum strikes again very cool!!!
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Zoom Zoom, must be some Mazda influence on the Fusion.  I wonder why it only shows when zoomed.   Friday night was the first time I ever used the backup camera to back up with. My mirrors were useless that night. I prefer the mirrors though, I can back up much faster with them than the camera. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#23 OFFLINE   KLH

KLH

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 175 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

The forum strikes again very cool!!!

+1 

I didn't know that this was there!

-KLH

2013 FFH-SE in Tuxedo Black with everything (MFT, BLIS, ACC, NAV, APA, MRF, LUX, RVM)

Always bet on (Tuxedo) Black...

#24 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

We noticed today that the rear backup camera on my FFH S (not MFT) is in "zoom" mode. Part of the rear bumper shows in the display and the magnifying glass icon is showing up in the display.

The owners manual says that under camera settings the zoom can be configured on/off but my camera settings only has one option and that is the delay setting.  Any ideas on why my camera has gone into zoom mode or how to return it to its normal operation?

#25 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 61 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

We noticed today that the rear backup camera on my FFH S (not MFT) is in "zoom" mode. Part of the rear bumper shows in the display and the magnifying glass icon is showing up in the display.

The owners manual says that under camera settings the zoom can be configured on/off but my camera settings only has one option and that is the delay setting.  Any ideas on why my camera has gone into zoom mode or how to return it to its normal operation?

I don't think it is in settings, it is just on the screen when you put it in reverse.  Just touch the magnifying glass icon.

409947.png

#26 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

I don't think it is in settings, it is just on the screen when you put it in reverse.  Just touch the magnifying glass icon.

Yes, after doing some more investigation I think you are right. Since I don't have MFT touching the button just below the magnifying glass icon does put it into zoom mode. We have owned the car for 21 months and only now figured that out.  :doh:

But, the bottom 20% of the rear view camera image is showing part of the white trunk lid (i.e. a white bar across the entire width of the rear view camera image).  Neither my wife or I remember seeing that before and we are wondering if the camera has become mis-aligned. Are other FFHs showing part of the trunk lid across the bottom of the camera image?

#27 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:05 AM

I can read part of my license plate in the rear view camera.

#28 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

I can read part of my license plate in the rear view camera.

Same here, was that way on the FFH and also the Energis.

Edited by jeff_h, 06 May 2016 - 06:25 AM.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#29 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

This is my camera image in the center console display screen looks like. My copilot said yesterday that she had never noticed the white bar across the bottom of the screen before (it is the area of the trunk lid just below the camera). I have to confess that if it was previously there I never really noticed it or paid attention to it.  Does this look normal?

Attached File  IMG_0153.JPG   102.95KB   5 downloads

Edit: Sorry the picture is upside down (cannot figure out why the attachment tool insists on putting it upside down). But you can see that the white part (my trunk lid) is eating up 20% of the picture image.

Edited by Texasota, 06 May 2016 - 08:47 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

The bumper has always been in the backup camera picture.  How else would you be able to back up close to something without hitting it?

• jeff_h likes this

#31 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

This is my camera image in the center console display screen looks like. My copilot said yesterday that she had never noticed the white bar across the bottom of the screen before (it is the area of the trunk lid just below the camera). I have to confess that if it was previously there I never really noticed it or paid attention to it.  Does this look normal?

attachicon.gifIMG_0153.JPG

Edit: Sorry the picture is upside down (cannot figure out why the attachment tool insists on putting it upside down). But you can see that the white part (my trunk lid) is eating up 20% of the picture image.

Yes it is normal. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to be absolutely sure that your bumper isn't hitting any obstacle that shows in the camera :)

I rented a 2015 Fusion SE base which had a camera linked to the tiny screen, like yours, and it was exactly like that.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#32 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for all of the responses. Good to know that it is normal and I am flummoxed that I never noticed it until my wife mentioned it.

The only comment I would add is that it is not the bumper but rather part of the trunk lid below the camera. If I pop the trunk with the car in reverse the camera gives me a view of the sky behind me but the white bar remains identical.

#33 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_0153.JPG

Some months ago I posted my backup camera picture as others thought the camera view changed. The view has always been this way, as you can see it's the same as the above picture.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

#34 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Some months ago I posted my backup camera picture as others thought the camera view changed. The view has always been this way, as you can see it's the same as the above picture.

Thanks, Gkinla.  Yes, it looks nearly identical to mine.

#35 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

And that's same as I have on my '15.  When I press the + I get a real closeup of the rear faschia and about 3 feet behind me.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#36 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

And that's same as I have on my '15.  When I press the + I get a real closeup of the rear faschia and about 3 feet behind me.

When you press the + the view is almost straight down. The view is about 12 inches away from the pumper. The black dashed line is to help align a trailer hitch when backing up....for other cars equipped with a bumper hitch. Not necessarily a FFH.

#37 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

When you press the + the view is almost straight down. The view is about 12 inches away from the pumper. The black dashed line is to help align a trailer hitch when backing up....for other cars equipped with a bumper hitch. Not necessarily a FFH.

Ahhh!  That makes sense completely.  Thanks!

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·