Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

parked 3-4 days hv battery discharges ??

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

My main big battery does not hold a charge. It can be almost fully charged at night and the next morning its way low. Bad battery possibly? It seems when I am in EV mode it drains pretty rapidly but I don't have anything to compare it to.

I totally agree with GrySql that doesn't sound right at all.

For me my HVB SOC is usually slightly higher in morning than when a shut it off the night before. In afternoon when leaving work the SOC is quite a bit higher it seems the HVB "relaxes" a bit remembering the true SOC while waiting for me to finish work.

How is your 12V battery? Maybe the HVB relay is not getting disconnected after shut down and now draining the HVB.
  • GrySql likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

My main big battery does not hold a charge. It can be almost fully charged at night and the next morning its way low. Bad battery possibly? It seems when I am in EV mode it drains pretty rapidly but I don't have anything to compare it to.

The SOC shouldn't really change while the car is off as it is disconnected. It's possible that your battery is within the parameters of the computer so it doesn't throw a code, but that doesn't mean that it's performing at an optimal level.

• GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#23 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Take a picture when you shut it down, and one when you start it up, print them out, date them and do this a few times. Then take it to the dealer with photographic proof. If you still have issues, then escalate. That does not sound right at all.

Once disconnected there should be no bleed down, in fact, just like CC mentioned, when the batteries cool down and the excitement stops, the SOC usually goes up.  I can take my Lipo packs, run my plane, and drain them down to about 3.5 v per cell, let them cool and when I check them later on they have gained about .2 v per cell back.  I flew a couple weeks back and I know I drained 2 packs down to 3.4, thats where I set my cutoff alarm. I didnt charge them right away, so they sat, this past weekend I put them on the charger and they both recovered to 3.7v per cell.

• hybridbear and corncobs like this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#24 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

I just left my FFH in the long term parking at our airport for seven days.  I left it with a 80%+ HVB SOC.  When I started it up this afternoon, it was at 95%+.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#25 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

I just left my FFH in the long term parking at our airport for seven days.  I left it with a 80%+ HVB SOC.  When I started it up this afternoon, it was at 95%+.

Welcome back!

It was a pleasure meeting you and the wife the other day, and I extremely appreciate the gift. :)  It was great that you got to meet Mike and Chris, as you can tell Mike loves talking about warbirds.  Keep me updated on that project you have going too, will be interesting to see it "take off". 

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I remembered to take a pic this morning and just now before getting some lunch. The pic shows the displayed SOC difference after resting for 4.5 hours on the right this morning and on the left just now.

SOC_zps52ac8155.png
  • GrySql likes this

215477.png

#27 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I remembered to take a pic this morning and just now before getting some lunch. The pic shows the displayed SOC difference after resting for 4.5 hours on the right this morning and on the left just now.

Very interesting! Could be temperature related. The HVB warms up quickly when driving and then cools down overnight. When it cools off overnight it could cause of jump in SOC on the display.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#28 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Very interesting! Could be temperature related. The HVB warms up quickly when driving and then cools down overnight. When it cools off overnight it could cause of jump in SOC on the display.

thats part of it. When at rest the Lion battery also regenerates slightly. However, and I noticed this with the Lipo, the voltage rises, but the current capacity doesn't.   Capacity is measured under load, voltage at rest. So what you see is most likely the rise in the pack voltage from resting and not really anything else. It probably will drop slightly faster when used than after a fresh recharge. 

Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

thats part of it. When at rest the Lion battery also regenerates slightly. However, and I noticed this with the Lipo, the voltage rises, but the current capacity doesn't.   Capacity is measured under load, voltage at rest. So what you see is most likely the rise in the pack voltage from resting and not really anything else. It probably will drop slightly faster when used than after a fresh recharge. 

You are absolutely correct about dropping faster and like you said its higher voltage not more energy (capacity).

215477.png

#30 OFFLINE   DrDeke

DrDeke

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

OP: Did you ever get this fixed or figured out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·