Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone interested in lowering their 2013+ Fusion Hybrid?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Zephyr
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

We have had a couple customers inquire about lowering their Hybrid and if the drop would be even due to their extra weight. We're sure the Eibach springs provide this even drop to the Hybrid owners but we need some pictures to show people when they ask. If anyone is interested in purchasing a set, I am willing to sell them at a discounted price and will guarantee that they work properly or you get your money back. In return, we just need some pictures of before/after drop. Let me know if you are interested. 

2006 Lincoln Zephyr. Far from stock.

Looking for performance and styling parts for your Fusion, Milan, MKZ/Zephyr, Edge or MKX? Look no

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

We just got someone to purchase the springs so we will have pics posted here of the first dropped 2013 Hybrid soon!

• LostPuma likes this

Looking for performance and styling parts for your Fusion, Milan, MKZ/Zephyr, Edge or MKX? Look no

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#3 OFFLINE   CrybabyJoey

CrybabyJoey

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Central America
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes I'm very interested. As a matter fact I called asking for some a couple days ago to your company and no luck. :-/ I would like to purchase a set. Also if you need another lab rat let me know. Thanks

Edited by CrybabyJoey, 21 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

• junior.29.dh likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yes I'm very interested. As a matter fact I called asking for some a couple days ago to your company and no luck. :-/ I would like to purchase a set. Also if you need another lab rat let me know. Thanks

Hey. If you called and didn't get an answer did you leave a message? All messages are returned. And emails are returned 24/7. Anyway, the Eibachs and H&R's definitely fit the Hybrid and work great. Here is a picture of a lowered Hybrid on Eibachs.

Attached Files

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#5 OFFLINE   CrybabyJoey

CrybabyJoey

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yes I did talked to someone but was told that there was nothing for the 2013 hybrids. I want to buy a set, which set does your company offer?

#6 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yes I did talked to someone but was told that there was nothing for the 2013 hybrids. I want to buy a set, which set does your company offer?

You didn't call us because I am the only person that answers the phone(and the emails) and I would not have told you that. Everything we offer(it all fits the Hybrid) is right here. http://cd3performanc...FF13-Suspension. I personally recommend these http://cd3performanc...ord-Lincoln-MKZ

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#7 OFFLINE   CrybabyJoey

CrybabyJoey

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

You didn't call us because I am the only person that answers the phone(and the emails) and I would not have told you that. Everything we offer(it all fits the Hybrid) is right here. http://cd3performanc...FF13-Suspension. I personally recommend these http://cd3performanc...ord-Lincoln-MKZ

I apologize, you are correct I didn't call. My mistake. I just checked who I called and it was Steeda performance. For some reason I thought it was your company.

#8 OFFLINE   CrybabyJoey

CrybabyJoey

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Are you guys having any deals coming up soon for Black Friday or Christmas sales?

#9 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Yea that sounds like something Steeda would say. That's who I figured you talked to.

Are you guys having any deals coming up soon for Black Friday or Christmas sales?

Unfortunately not on any of the car parts. Eibach has a 10% Holiday mail in rebate on springs until the end of this month but that is about it. You can find the rebate for here ---> http://performance-s...ebate_2013_page

Edited by Talisman @ CD3Performance, 02 December 2013 - 02:32 AM.

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#10 OFFLINE   Ryan Goodlett

Ryan Goodlett

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH Ti
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Everything we offer(it all fits the Hybrid) is right here. http://cd3performanc...FF13-Suspension. I personally recommend these http://cd3performanc...ord-Lincoln-MKZ

Why do you recommend the HR over the Eibach?  

I am looking to close the fender well gap with springs and adding 245/35/20 +38 on my 14 Fusion HyTi.  Does that change your recommendation?

Ryan

2014 FFH Ti Tuxedo Black - Ace Alloy Convex 20 x 8.5 40mm offset with 245/35/20 Goodyear All Season - Visual Garage Shark Fin - Steeda Strut Tower Brace - Steeda Hood Strut Kit - Steeda Rear Sway Bar

Ryan

#11 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

Why do you recommend the HR over the Eibach?  

I am looking to close the fender well gap with springs and adding 245/35/20 +38 on my 14 Fusion HyTi.  Does that change your recommendation?

Ryan

I only recommended the AWD H&R springs because they were made for the slightly heavier car so it's closer to the weight of the Hybrid. But either spring will work fine. I would still tell you to get the same springs. 

• Ryan Goodlett likes this

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#12 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

I wonder if anyone has come forward and asked to have their cars raised! In northern zones we get white stuff called ice after a while. Ice versus valance means $$$ and the valance loses.
Coming into my driveway I scraped the ice. I was lucky as it could have been worse.
  • hybridbear likes this

Drive fuelishly  - not foolishly

#13 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Come to think of it we have different adjustable suspension settings for sport, highway etc. on many cars to let the driver get more enjoyment out of it. GM came along with Mag Ride that adjusted the shocks and I think it was the Corvette that had them first and then Caddy.

Regardless, wouldn't it be nice if we had a summer and winter setting for the cars? Summer would lower it for better air flow and winter would raise it for those times when faced with snow or ice on the roads. Much better to drive over than through it. Likely a hydraulic air suspension of some sort, like the knee buses that they have for handicapped folks that lower to allow wheelchairs. Might be problem prone in really cold weather, but would sure make it easier getting around in winter. :idea:

• hybridbear likes this

Drive fuelishly  - not foolishly

#14 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Active suspension is costly, Mercedes has something like that too, one strut alone is over $1500 to replace. They work quite well when they are working. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#15 OFFLINE   Hyabrid

Hyabrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2103 Hybrid Titanium ST 2010 Adrenalin SVT

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

So - How is the ride? I have 19" Ford Mondeo wheels like found on the Road and Track ST Mock Up - My wheel wells are full - does anyone have a clearance measurement? See pictures from my profile to gain your response. I am in if its a 1" drop - No Tow Issues and it rides better... Now, a little to floaty for me - but it would be a nice component for my machine.

2013 Fusion Hybrid ST - Tuxedo Black - Titanium - MotorTrend ST

#16 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

So - How is the ride? I have 19" Ford Mondeo wheels like found on the Road and Track ST Mock Up - My wheel wells are full - does anyone have a clearance measurement? See pictures from my profile to gain your response. I am in if its a 1" drop - No Tow Issues and it rides better... Now, a little to floaty for me - but it would be a nice component for my machine.

Everyone who has purchased lowering springs for these cars seems to love the ride so far. I know what your car looks like. I saw pictures of it a long time ago and thought it was very well done. I don't have clearance measurements but you should be perfectly fine with the H&R awd springs. It really is only a 1 inch drop. Nobody has had any clearance issues no matter the size of their wheels and weight of their car. There have also been no reported camber issues or premature wear of any type once an alignment is done after lowering. We stand by what we sell so if you have any issues you can return the springs. 

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#17 OFFLINE   vett93

vett93

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Talisman,

If you lower the car with stiffer springs and keep the stock shocks, won't the stock shocks wear out very quickly in like 6 months?

Thanks.

David

Mustang LX -> Firebird TA -> Corvette LT-1 -> BMW 7-series w/ M-Sports -> Mitsu EVO MR -> Fusion Energi Titanium 

#18 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

Talisman,

If you lower the car with stiffer springs and keep the stock shocks, won't the stock shocks wear out very quickly in like 6 months?

Thanks.

David

Not with the current springs available for the Fusion. They were designed to work with the stock shocks. They won't wear out any quicker than normal. 

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

#19 OFFLINE   vett93

vett93

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

What would you recommend for Fusion Energi which is about 300lbs heavier? My goal is to reduce the bouncy ride. This is a commute car.

Mustang LX -> Firebird TA -> Corvette LT-1 -> BMW 7-series w/ M-Sports -> Mitsu EVO MR -> Fusion Energi Titanium 

#20 OFFLINE   Talisman @ CD3Performance

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

What would you recommend for Fusion Energi which is about 300lbs heavier? My goal is to reduce the bouncy ride. This is a commute car.

These are in stock and ready to go http://cd3performanc...ord-Lincoln-MKZ

further...
 www.CD3Performance.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·