Sign in to follow this  
Gregavi

Where is the Door Remote Combo

Hi, I'm new here and so far I'm impressed with the forum.

I bought a used 2013 from Hertz Car Sales. I love the car. It came with the owners manual and various other booklets but I didn't find a card with the door code on it. I was advised to look in a few locations for a sticker with the code printed on it. Fuse box under the hood, under the drivers side dash by the brake pedal are a couple places I've looked. Although I did find some stickers in these places, none of them seem to have a 5 digit code, which is what the manual states the code would be. Any advice on where I can find this code? What format would the code be printed. 12345? or, numbers and letters? or something else? I have an appointment with the local Ford dealership for a recall (they had to order some parts, so I don't know when). Will they give me this code at no cost? I only have one key, so having this code is extra important.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gregavi

Hi Gregavi and welcome to the forum

The easiest way is to retrieve the key code from the left hand dash display and then flip the numbers.

There is a two page thread on this topic that explains how it works.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6451-displaying-the-factory-set-code-with-intelligent-access-keys/

For example if the key code comes back as 13579 your original door keypad code would be 97531 or since 1/2 - 3/4 etc. are the same # it could be also 08542 which doesn't really matter except if you wanna add you own keypad code thru MFT.

I hope this helps

Thanks, but in order to retrieve the factory code, 2 coded keys are necessary. As I stated in my OP, I only have one. This is why I am trying to locate "The Sticker" that has the code printed on it.

Anyone know where this sticker is on a 2013?

Thanks

The code for the door pillar keypad is not the same as the code for key duplication.

There was a sticker tag attached to my keys with the key duplication code.

The code for the door pillar keypad is on a credit card size plastic card in a pocket of the case for the owners manual.

The codes are not the same.

The code that can be retrieved from the left screen is the door pillar keypad code.

Do you have a real key or an Intelligent Access key (pushbutton start)?

If it's a real key any dealer can make a copy of it on a blank with a chip in it and then encode the chip into the car's memory.

They should be able to do the same with an IA key assuming the metal key is still inside of the IA key.

I realize the code for the door pillar was printed on the plastic card that came with the owners manual but I do not have the plastic credit card. I bought the car used and it was missing. There is allegedly a sticker under the dash or hood that has the 'door pillar code' printed on it. This is what I'm trying to find.

I have a 4 button flip key. No "Pushbutton" start. I didn't realize the 2013 Fusion had a "Pushbutton Start" option.

I have not seen a sticker in the car with my code on it.

Yeah, It is allegedly hidden under the dash or hood, on a white sticker.

I found the card in the envelope in the glovebox. It has the 5 digit code on it and it works!!! :)
I looked in the envelope initially but did not see the card.
Thanks to all that helped me find the sticker that allegedly has the code on it.

I found the card in the envelope in the glovebox. It has the 5 digit code on it and it works!!! :)
I looked in the envelope initially but did not see the card.
Thanks to all that helped me find the sticker that allegedly has the code on it.

Congrats, now go get a second key before its too late. Believe me, if you lose the only one you have, you will be SOL! It is far less expensive to get a second or third key made than it is to have to replace the last lost key.