acdii

I got it back, and she's PURDY

Dropped it off last Thursday to have the rear bumper repainted due to a paint flaw. While it was in had them tint it. All I can say is it looks like a completely different more expensive car. Dealer did the tints and did a good job. Have to wait a few days before I can roll the windows down or clean them, but wow, what a difference.

578492_596910347017770_1717586496_n.jpg

533247_596910307017774_920196614_n.jpg

1234471_596910267017778_1737591946_n.jpg

1233338_596910420351096_771700828_n.jpg

Job well done now I want mine done ASAP!

It seems to be the same % all the way around is that true or are the front windows lighter?

Now I'm jealous ;-)

Fronts are slightly lighter, as they should be. I sent you a PM

That looks AMAZING!!! :drop: We might have to get ours tinted too. We've been talking about it but hadn't done it yet. But after seeing how much better it makes the Tuxedo Black look I think we will! :spend: :play:

Edited by hybridbear

It looks great! And it is especially apparent on the Tuxedo Black models. Whenever I see one that is not tinted, I think it looks like something is missing, definitely makes it look a lot cheaper. Nice job!

First day driving it and it is so much nicer, dont have side glare anymore on my drive home. It is also not so dark as to be hard to see out of at night.

Fronts are slightly lighter, as they should be.

Curious as to why you say that? Ours is getting done Saturday and I'm getting the same all around. I don't like the mini van/SUV look when the fronts are lighter than the back.

Dave

Curious as to why you say that? Ours is getting done Saturday and I'm getting the same all around. I don't like the mini van/SUV look when the fronts are lighter than the back.

Dave

State law.

35% in IL. Thats what mine is, it just looks like the back ones are darker, but they are all the same tint level. If the back windows are darker than 35%, then the fronts have to be no more than 50%.

35% in IL. Thats what mine is, it just looks like the back ones are darker, but they are all the same tint level. If the back windows are darker than 35%, then the fronts have to be no more than 50%.

Right, 35%, not 30%. Our White Platinum 10 FFH had 20% in the rear window and 35% everywhere else. It was technically illegal. With the new one, we're staying at 35 all around.

So you have confused me. Earlier you said the fronts are lighter than the rears. But they're not? Regardless, it looks nice.

Dave

When you look at the pictures I posted, the front does look lighter, but I had posted that after I got the car back and hadn't really driven it anywhere. Yesterday was my first day driving it and I noticed they are all the same tint %. I had thought they were lighter in the front, but that isn't the case. It was also dusk when I got the car back, they look much different during the middle of the day.

Having mine done on Tuesday - Tuxedo Black as well. I was thinking 35 in front and 25 in back - but yours looks good. Decisions decisions...

Mine is being done as we speak. 35% all around. With the dark interior I think it will be fine. He's a mobile tint guy that comes to your house. Very convenient. Can't wait until it's done.

Dave

Mine is being done as we speak. 35% all around. With the dark interior I think it will be fine. He's a mobile tint guy that comes to your house. Very convenient. Can't wait until it's done.

Dave

Do you know the area he covers and what he charges (you can send me a PM)

I would really like this done and I would like to take acdii's offer but it's such an inconvience for me to get out there.

I'm curious about how much tinting costs so that I can find a good deal. I've bought used cars in the past that had tinting but haven't ever had it done myself. I'm going to start a thread in the appropriate section about tinting cost and suggestions on how to find an installer who will do a good job.

Probably shouldn't hijack this thread, but here are a couple shots of ours after the tint.

Dave

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

Edited by dkegel

Hey, thats my car, not yours LOL

no wait, I dont shine my tires. :)

I'm curious about how much tinting costs so that I can find a good deal. I've bought used cars in the past that had tinting but haven't ever had it done myself. I'm going to start a thread in the appropriate section about tinting cost and suggestions on how to find an installer who will do a good job.

I've been looking around and found a reputable place that does it for $180, which seems good. The dealer charges $350 and both use the same brand of tint, so it's an easy choice for me. It might vary by city. Here in the Phoenix area, it seems like most people get their car windows tinted so there may be more competition.

Supply and demand. In the states where tinting is more common, prices are lower. $180 is a Steal around here.