Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Cabin Air Filter Replacement

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 699 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:52 PM

I had my dealer replace the cabin air filter at the 40K mile service. They charged me $31.95 for parts and $72.50 for labor. From what I've read here about the difficulty (and I'm far from being a mechanic), I think that's fair.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   ElectricFan69

ElectricFan69

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

I had my dealer replace the cabin air filter at the 40K mile service. They charged me $31.95 for parts and $72.50 for labor. From what I've read here about the difficulty (and I'm far from being a mechanic), I think that's fair.

Ouch.  Over $100 for a cabin air filter change - in my book, that reinforces the whole 'stealer' meme.
Got an OEM filter on flea-bay or $11.  The task of changing it out was a bit of contortion - particularly for the lower screws, but not that difficult - just far fussier than it needs to be.  On our brand 'T' vehicles, the cabin air filter is a 5 minute no-tool affair, with the most difficult aspect being dealing with the detritus in the glove box. The Fusion difficulty is in dealing with small screws in places difficult to see - and avoiding breaking stuff that is going to become more brittle as the car gets older. Around FL, I do all the cabin air filters after the pollen season - the oak pollen pods inevitably cover the filter and smell funky with high humidity of summers.  

The task is not as bad as it was on a gen 2 brand H van that involved cutting a brace (for the first change) to remove a metal bracket with 4 hard-to-reach screws to get at the filter - but still more of a pain than it ought to be.  To me, routine service tasks ought to be a design priority - and should not require 3/4 hour of labor.

#43 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 699 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:58 PM

I agree it's a poor design for servicing. But given its design, I consider the dealer's charges reasonable (we have high shop labor rates here).

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#44 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 61 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'01 Cougar
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

It is a very poor design.  And, now I have to go back in because apparently something fell into the fan and is making undesirable clicking noise.

No idea how I am going to sort that out.  Not much room to work in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·