jeff_h

2013 Cabin Air Filter Replacement

90% of the time the system is off. I usually have the windows down and the sunroof at vent. It has been an unusually cool summer though, which accounts for a lot of it, Only on hot muggy days have I run the AC.

Found the exact filter at Farm & Fleet tonight. This should help make a difference in the car.

I hadn't heard of Farm & Fleet before. We have Fleet Farm here in Minnesota. They're like Home Depot, Menard's or Lowes. Is Farm & Fleet like that too?

They are similar and it is rumored that Farm & Fleet resulted from a family squabble but this is not true . Here is a link to a Rochester Post Bulletin article about them (skip down to the middle of the article):

http://postbulletin.typepad.com/honk/2005/10/fleet_farm_vs_f.html

Fleet Farm is my number one favorite store.

Edited by Texasota

Blain's F&F was more oriented towards farming, but over the past few years the farm section has dwindled. It is moved towards the center of the store and reduced to just a few aisles. I used to be able to find just about any part for repairing implements, but they don't stock nearly as much as they used to. Their tool department has also downsized, not many woodworking tools left(same with Sears). I rarely shop there now unless I know they have something I need. I did find something there that I was looking for years ago but could not find, and thats a PTO extension for my tiller. I was surprised to find it, and quite glad i did since the only ones I found were on line and cost $20 to ship due to weight.

Since I no longer do my own oil changes, I dont know how their pricing is on Mobil 1, but in the past it was always the best deal there.

That and pulleys and bearings and other items that I would use for projects/ I had to put a hold on a project I was planning since they stopped carrying them. I designed a Poo Shaker for cleaning stalls, but since I couldn't get the parts locally I haven't gone anywhere with it other than a drawing. I is a simple device two sheets of expanded metal one fixed, one moving back and forth so it sifts out the good stuff and leaves the lumps on top that move down and top and fall into the bucket. I needed a gear set, chain drive, and some links, but they no longer carried them, should have got them when they had them too.

Strangely, you sorta stayed on topic with those comments. Poo Shaker.... really?

When I had horses I made the kids do that, they were the ones that wanted the darned hay converters.

I have a pair of those now, they do a pretty good job and I dont have to plug them in.