The shade on the moon roof is now rattling much worse than the door interior trim panels ever thought of doing. If I push up on the rear middle of the shade while it's closed it quiets. Has anyone seen anything useful in regard to this problem It's driving me nuts now that the dor trim has been taped.

Edited by terryb

So I've got a one of a kind ailment? A dubious Honor I'm sorry to say.

I had a rattle like that in my Flex, turned out to be the headliner wasn't snapped all the way in. When I pushed up around the area of the sunroof, I hear and felt it pop in place and the rattle was gone, hasn't returned in 4900 miles.

I've got an app't. with the interior guys Sat. morning. Due to get the MFT update too.

Good news bad news yesterday at the dealer. They were able to duplicate the problem, but unable to solve it. So waiting for advise and procedures from Engineering.

Also, according to their computer I don't need the 3.6.2 MFT update.

Edited by terryb

Also, according to their computer I don't need the 3.6.2 MFT update.

That probably means that they have failed to keep their computer up to date.

Car went in today for several days of moon roof rattle attention. Got a Chrysler Town and Country from enterprise. I can see the fuel gauge slide down.

Gauge on FFH is reading 41.6 on later part of this tank. Almost no A/C required lately. I have seen some 60+ trips lately, but post retirement, too many short <10 mi. trips.

Edit: Got the car back this afternoon after 2.5 days testing for engineering, they are ordering a new headliner. Anticipated delivery 1.5 wks.

Edit: Got the word today that parts are in hand. They want the car Monday, anticipate having it through Wed. afternoon.

Edited by terryb

Well CRAP! The roof liner ordered and received was for the gasoline Fusion. Another week of waiting and driving the Explorer until they can get in the Hybrid roof liner HYBRID ROOF LINER!

CRAP!

So far no FFH head liner received. I am really PO's with this service effort by Ford. There shouldn't have been an incorrect headliner ordered in the first place. With a hybrid in the shop, they shouyld only be looking at the Hybrid parts list.

uhgvifjkjhbktu!!!

Got word this afternoon that Ford has redesigned the headliner for fit and noise problems and a new version is to ship Monday. With my luck, they'll ship a '14 color scheme one.

CRAP!

Hope you get it solved! Glad to hear that it's redesigned. A number of owners have had headliner issues.

Told today that the part shipped today. Expected in Friday and hopefully will get the car Saturday. They're gassing up the car and giving me an Oil change for taking 24 days to get done with it.

Got the car back at 11AM this morning. Have to redo the seat setting and it looks like I need to give the LVB a boost. I'm getting batt. saver message as soon as I switch ignition off. I intend to give Ford a piece of my mind about the amount of time the car was in the shop.

1. There shouldn't have been a headliner issue in the first place.

2. The mixup on Hybrid vs gas model liner shouldn't have been possible.

3. Procedure should require checking of new parts for correctness before tearing down customer car.

Now I iss the PBS in the Explorer and also easier in/out.

CRAP!! What I had hoped were smudges on the outside of the windshield turned out to be SCRATCHES on the inside of the windshield. Just below the rearview mirror and left about eight inches. The inside of the windshield definitely has a soft plastic inner layer and that is what got scratched in locating/installing the headliner replacement. So back to the shop on Monday.

Got the new windshield installed yesterday. I really hope there are no more concerns with the car for a while. I'm witing for the dreaded EV+ to pop on the dealers location.

Got the new windshield installed yesterday. I really hope there are no more concerns with the car for a while. I'm witing for the dreaded EV+ to pop on the dealers location.

terryb,

I'm glad to hear that your dealer was able to get all of this taken care of for you. If you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Ashley

Today they tried to replace the driver side A pillar trim which had a slice in it the same type as those in the windshield. They had the new part, but found that it had a factory defect. It should have been rejected by QC, but must have been a Monday or Friday part. Back to waiting.

Today they tried to replace the driver side A pillar trim which had a slice in it the same type as those in the windshield. They had the new part, but found that it had a factory defect. It should have been rejected by QC, but must have been a Monday or Friday part. Back to waiting.

terryb,

I responded to your PM. I'll help you get this straightened out.

Ashley

Got the call this morning that the part is in and they would like to replace it Monday. They eyeballed it before they called.

Well, the saga of the moon-roof shade rattle has ended with the trim replaced and everything running quietly. I spoke with Wendy the regional manager about my disappointment with FMCs quality and procedures that let them get the wrong headliner ( number transposition ) and a damaged A pillar trim piece. I suggested the VIM be a part of parts requests to block wrong parts, she said she would document my suggestion.