vangonebuy

Wiper Blades size

Listen guys, Ford messed this up somehow. If you want the same exact blades that came from the factory,

then you have to get these somewhere. The dealers aren't going by these numbers it seems and

why fordparts.com is wrong. There are other brands that will work and if the dealer gives you blade

it might be fine, but same as the factory is below. Amazon says these parts won't fit. So something

changed somewhere and is causing all the confusion.

Your dealer might have some of these lying around. Make sure they are in a white paper sleeve

inside a plastic bag, not plastic packaging like you'd see at the auto parts store. But should have

those part numbers exactly. 2800 or 28" is too long.

I bought 4 sets from RockAuto.com and have them for a long time. Fairly cheap at < $10 a blade.

Wiper Blades - These match what came from the factory
WW-2700 (driver side) DS7Z-17528-B (Left)
WW-2601 (passenger side) [DS7Z-17528-A] DS7Z-17528-A (Right)
DS7Z-17528-A (Right)/DS7Z-17528-B (Left)

I think these blades (the ones that match the factory ones exactly) are better than others.

Just my opinion, but the connection part on these ones is better. These blades each only fit on

one side, you cannot install them on the wrong side (asymmetric). They have a directional lip,

air spoiler to them and slightly different construction.

I am curious what you guys think of them once you get them.

I did get a pair from my dealer with the $20 coupon. What they gave me were 2 x 26" version (in plastic package)

of the blade. They fit either side (symmetric) OK, by design, and they worked, I didn't like the

way they connected on at the end of the arm, but they worked fine. I put them aside. They also don't have

a directional wind spoiler as part of it (for lack of a better term) and were more of one-piece construction.

The part number for these may have be WW-2600 (not 2601 or 2800) - pretty sure.

They were like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Motorcraft-Premium-Wiper-Blade-WW-2600-Single-Blade-Replacement-/00/s/ODk5WDE2MDA=/$(KGrHqZHJFcFDS+5-m!UBQ7Z7hrgBg~~60_35.JPG

The 26" Rain-X blades I bought don't quite make full contact through the entire windshield wipe on the driver side. There is an area on the driver side where there middle of the blade loses contact with the windshield. Seems the blade needs a little more pressure applied to it.

For those of you who got the blades I suggested from Rock Auto, please confirm if these do indeed match

the original factory blades. I needed somebody else to confirm.

Now curious if anybody is at or goes to a dealership, ask them if they can get these parts and what they want for it?
Probably not what they'd give you if you ask by the car make/model/year. They'll give you a set of WW2600/WW2800

which are symmetric and will fit either side, but the way they attach is strange. The WW2600 would work OK, the

WW2800 is too long. But, they are different from the factory blades in design.

I ask my dealer for a spare pair 5 months ago, before I bought at RockAuto, and they wanted like

$62 or something for the pair? I ask the them if they were insane and I obviously did not buy.

It was the right part as he pulled them out for me and I was about to pay (slightly higher I wouldn't

have cared), but that was nuts. That was just one dealership.

I am afraid this version of the blade will disappear over time. Especially the WW2700 version.

You also have to pay sales tax at the dealer and don't on RockAuto in most cases.

Why do you think the blade will disappear? If Ford is still putting the WW2700 & WW2601 on the cars from the factory I'd think they'd continue having them to sell as an aftermarket part. These same wiper blades are used on all Fusions, not just hybrids, so that's more than 200,000 cars per year.

Well I would have expected to pay like $12-15 each at dealership without coupon. But the fact that fordparts.com is showing the 28" (WW2800) and

they gave me WW2600 at one dealership leads me to believe Ford's parts system does not tie to WW2700 and WW2601 - but yes, if they are still stocking and

it's just a matter of asking for it by part (not by car), then fine. And yes, this is the part coming on the car, so why the disconnect? Maybe I'm just

being nutty about it, but for now I want this part, they work well.

RockAuto only had one WW2700 left and it's not easy to find, but it does exist. I have a feeling other cars use this same part. That's why I ask if anybody

is at a dealership, do they normally stock these parts and are they some reasonable part. Why my one dealership wanted $30/each - I have no idea.

Probably have to hunt down a few other online Ford parts sellers to get a reasonable price.

I did a quick check and these guys have WW2601 & WW2700 for $12.72 each --> http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com

I have purchased from them.

So likely any Ford dealer can still get it.

Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but it is by far the most relevant.

Always good to give a useful thread a bump every once in a while, and I'm also curious as my car has a squeegie-squeak sound on the driver side wiper, happens only about half the time but really annoying during the half that it does. So it looks like I will be buying another set soon.