vangonebuy

Wiper Blades size

Costco has this really good sale on GoodYear wiper blades. $4.99 a blade.

I opened the Goodyear booklet there and it doesn't list the 13 Fusion.

Michelin website. No 13 Fusion listed.

RainX website. 26 in blades.

Ford Parts. 28 in blades.

Autozone. No sizes listed.

Trico. 28 in blades.

FFH manual also had no size listed.

Since I have a few Goodyear 28" from my van, Figured I'd try them out.

About 1" too long and would hit the roof on passenger side.

So I guess we have a 27" blade. That's what I measured.

Looks like I'll pick them up and check the fit.

I'll get a few sets. 2 per trip.

I've tried all the rands of high quality wipers.. The good years such as far as lasting. Sams club sells the cheaper model of the good brand and I have a set at work I can tell you what they are. They aren't cheap but last 2-3x longer than others.Even bosch icons

I installed the 28" GoodYears, NG. They are too long on the pass side.

Didnt see any 27" blades at Costco.

No wonder the confusion. in sizes on the websites.

Oh well.

Well, as you are realizing and I have found out already, the part #s and sizes for the 2013 Ford Fusion

wipers (if you go looking for them) are ALL OVER THE PLACE! It's nuts...

Even fordparts.com I think says 18" and 24" - WRONG! Whatever it says is wrong.

Many of us have not replaced the wipers yet, but I have tried at least.

The closest is - and I am not sure this is 100% right:

WW-2700 (driver side)
WW-2601 (passenger side)

Makes sense, but the WW-2700 looks perfect but does not latch on the arm on

the driver side. It's just slightly different somehow.

WW-2601 on the passenger side is fine. So I put the 2601 on

the driver side, works fine. So I have 2 x WW-2601 on my car now and

seems perfectly fine. WW-2700 does not fit on drivers side (or passenger

side, I thought they might be backwards). I even opened a 2nd WW-2701

to try in case it was defective, it was the same.

Then I started to think, why should the blade sizes be different on this car?

The wipers are on opposing sides and they the windshield is symmetric?

It makes no sense that they would differ in length at all.

These are the part numbers: -- but I think you want 2 x WW-2601 - can anybody

else confirm that they installed a WW-2700 on the driver side?

These are both Motorcraft parts, not any 3rd party wiper blades.

WW-2700 (driver side) [DS7Z-17528-A]
WW-2601 (passenger side) [DS7Z-17528-B]

The latch on the 2700 looks identical to the 2601, but just does not latch

on correctly. Very weird.

Interesting, On my car both blades are 27".

Found the OEM part number also. Thanks.

But it gave no indication of length and didnt match what is listed here.

The drivers's and passenger's blades are not the same blade. WW-2700 (driver side) WW-2601 (passenger side)

I should have mentioned a few things in my original post:

1. The driver and passenger blades are different if you go by part number

But I could not get the WW-2700 to latch properly

2. For most blades, the length of the blade is implied in the part #:

WW-2700 =- 27" and WW-2601 = 26", true for other manufacturers

as well.

3. When I actually measure the WW-2601 with a tape measure, it measures 27"

when the curve is straightened out.

If somebody puts a WW-2700 on the car (Motorcraft part specifically), please let me/us know.

I can't say for sure if the WW-2700 I bought has a manufacturing defect. Doesn't

seem like it. But for now, this part is useless. I bought a couple sets from RockAuto.

Local car parts place sold me two 26" blades. I plan to install them today. I'll start with the driver side to see if there are any issues with the blade being an inch too short.

I do a lot of driving and hate it when nicks in the blades leave lines on the windshield. I also hate streaking. I normally buy premium blades because I've been sorely disappointed by cheaper ones.

One trick I try to remember to do on a regular basis (ever few tanks of gas) is to wash the blades. I take the gas station's window squeegee and run it across the length of the blades to get them wet and then use a paper towel to clean them. I do this until the blades don't leave so much black junk on the paper towel. I also clean my windshield on a regular basis. This helps keep the gritty material off the windshield and wipers, which seems to give me a longer life on the blade and reduce the scratching caused by the wipers. Quartz grains in the road grime in our area (we have lots of granite) is as hard as glass and will scratch the windshields over time.

Just tried to install my 26" Rain-X wipers, they were an inch shorter than the stock blades. They did NOT fully cover the rain sensor/lane keeping camera area. Can't get 27" blades, so I'll try a pair of 28" blades. I'm afraid that if I use the 26" blades they won't properly clear the sensor area and I'll get a lot of false readings.

Since nobody makes 27" blades and 28" blades are just a hair short of being too long, this seems like a bad design decision by Ford. Slightly longer wiper arms would have allowed 26" blades to work perfectly.

Why is it that Ford could get the overall FFH so perfect and screw up so badly on the little details like this? :banghead:

Just got back from the auto parts store. We tried the 28" blade and it was too long. It came within in 1/4" of the paint on the roof. We decided this was not a good idea as ice being moved by the wipers would scratch the paint over time.

Went back to the 26" blades. They do fully clear the rain sensor and while neither wiper fully clears the lane keeping camera box, between the two blades the entire box does get cleared.

I can't help but little design decisions like 27" blades and the non-standard 12V battery were at a minimum poorly thought through and at worse a nefarious attempt to force us to buy replacement parts from Ford.

OK, I spent my saturday doing extensive wiper blade analysis....I am just talking about Motorcraft

parts here. They seem cheaper and work well IMHO, so I am ignoring other brands, when I have

done the exact opposite in the past/

I am pretty sure now that Ford changed the part #s and blade itself (slightly) sometime during production

in the past months. Hence this is a big part of the confusion. If you ask different dealers for the part,

you'll get a range of answers.

The older style, the ones that came with my car (built 03-2013) have a slight wind deflector curve

and will only fit on the correct side. I like these and they work well. They have "clips" on them holding the blade to the frame

about every 4" and they are gray-ish in color, not black. These are part numbers: WW-2601 and WW-2700

for the driver and passenger side. They measure exactly the same size, only difference is the part #s

and wind deflector curve which determines which side they fit on. They use a squeeze type fastener

with tabs and a rounded end cap that covers over the end tab. I got extra ones from RockAuto and

then come in a cardboard sleeve in a plastic bag. Very happy with these. I thought they were different

lengths (because the part #s fooled me), but they are not. They measure about 27", and I've had

no issues with the rain sensing or their performance. Many sites say these will not fit my car, but

that match what came with the car exactly.

The newer style, is what the dealers are installing now I guess, Whats listed on fordparts.com for my

VIN is WW-1901-P and WW-2401-P - definitely not correct. The 26" and 28" style, I believe

like WW-2801-PF are pure black in color, and are not side specific. They have a curve

for wind deflection, but its symmetric and can go on either side. They do not have the clips

in the older style and are perfectly smooth. They use a tab style connector that you have to

push on to remove, no pinch. They also are not rounded/capped at the end and are open where

it clips onto the end tab. According to neod192, you need a 26" and 28" version, cause

28" is too long on one side. If your car came with this style, then Ford definitely changed the

style/type during this year. Forget the length, get the right part # and you'll be fine.

I saw Anco and Rain-X claim to make a 26" for the Fusion (I saw them in PepBoys), but seems kind

of iffy and you have to change out the connector piece. Didn't trust it, the Motorcrafts seem

fine for me and work well - oh, and are 1/2 the price of the Ancos ($22 or so each). YMMV...

If somebody with a recently built 2013 Fusion can confirm what their wipers are

(old style or new style?) - let us know. Did Ford put different wipers on the car during

manufacturing, or do they just change their parts catalog - I don't know for certain.

I saw Anco and Rain-X claim to make a 26" for the Fusion (I saw them in PepBoys), but seems kind

of iffy and you have to change out the connector piece. Didn't trust it, the Motorcrafts seem

fine for me and work well - oh, and are 1/2 the price of the Ancos ($22 or so each). YMMV...

Just installed the Rain-X blades today. Once you figure out changing the connector piece they're fine. The connector seemed pretty solid to me. I didn't like the factory original blades, at all, so I wasn't going to buy them a second time around. I don't mind paying for good quality blades, I just didn't thing the ones that came on my FFH were that good of quality.

Well, you can always go to the dealer with the $20/pair coupon from fordowner.com and see what they give you.

Let them install there and if it doesn't seem right, too long, bad fit, don't take them I did this and the dealer put

2 x WW-2600-PF (newer style) and about 1" shorter than the blades that came with the car (new style). So I took

them off and will stick with the old style, was a bit of an experiment. Plus they didn't honor the coupon and said

for the Fusion, they were $3/blade more. So won't do that again.

You can buy the old style online by part # and your dealer might have them if you ask specifically for the older part numbers.

The old style seems like the right size and fit if you get the 2 different (L/R) part #s.

I change the blades every 6 months or so, which is about how long they go before streaking a little even with cleaning.

For $20 or so and being safety related, it's not worth it to me to try and stretch them a long time.

I ended up buying the 26" blade.

Checked the original blades carefully. They use the rubber to be more Aerodynamic. Hope my gas mileage doesn't suffer from the aftermarket blades too much. ;)