aldwill

What is the best LRR tire for hybrid

I am thinking of replacing the stock LS2 with either Michelin Primacy MXM4 or Continental Purecontact. I had both on my Passat TDI and either are an excellent choice. The PureContact had slightly better turn-in and handling characteristics and did not spin from a stop the way MXM4s did. The current LS2 feel spongy when cornering, anyone had experience with contrasting the MXM4 to the PureContact?

GoodYearLS2_zpsdb67cc35.jpg

Very seriously considering the Continental PureContacts in the fall. For the price, you just can't

beat them spec-wise. Priced at $160 on TireRack vs $248 for the Michelin MXM4

And if you really do love the Goodyear LS-2, it's $84 at TireRack - wonder why so cheap?

My only concern on these tires is the *great* rim guard the LS-2s have on them. Without

seeing the others, not sure what I'd get. Anybody know?

Very seriously considering the Continental PureContacts in the fall. For the price, you just can't

beat them spec-wise. Priced at $160 on TireRack vs $248 for the Michelin MXM4

And if you really do love the Goodyear LS-2, it's $84 at TireRack - wonder why so cheap?

My only concern on these tires is the *great* rim guard the LS-2s have on them. Without

seeing the others, not sure what I'd get. Anybody know?

The MXM4s have excellent rim guard and I would rate the PureContact as adequate.

From reviews of snow handling, the Purecontacts are my choice. Tirerack is the one one that has them in the size for the Fusion, and quoted through my dealer they are not $160, more like $255. I can order them through TR and have them sent to a nearby tire store to have them mounted.

Still contemplating 17" rims and these tires and put snows on the 18" rims. Not for MPG but for looks, I think black rims on my HyTi will look killer.

I am thinking of replacing the stock LS2 with either Michelin Primacy MXM4 or Continental Purecontact. I had both on my Passat TDI and either are an excellent choice. The PureContact had slightly better turn-in and handling characteristics and did not spin from a stop the way MXM4s did. The current LS2 feel spongy when cornering, anyone had experience with contrasting the MXM4 to the PureContact?

GoodYearLS2_zpsdb67cc35.jpg

This doesn't even consider FE which is at the top of my of list along with tread wear. With now 64K mi.on my Michelin Energy Saver's, the important factors are Wheel alignment, 49psi. tire rotation and driving style for tire wear in my case. IMO :)

Paul

Just ordered a set of PureContact from Discount Tire. Expected to arrive in 3 days.

Update: Tires installed today, $169.00 per tire before they gave me $40.00 trade per tire for the Goodyear. Fusion has a firmer ride and much better turn-in response with the PureContact. Got 45 mpg today on my 13 mile drive home from work.

Edited by darrelld