jeffo65

Fusion Rear Bumper Protector?

Has anybody applied the bumper protector for the 2013 Fusion Hybrid?

Ours did not come with it, but I can see its advantages and wanted to see how easy or hard it is to install.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-fusion-bumper-protector-rear-applique-p-1264.html

Thanks. I figured it was fairly easy.

If you've put decals on a plastic model plane or model car, it's the same technique, except bigger and scarier. The scarier part is if you screw it up it's $60.00 down the drain. I didn't do mine but had my local body shop apply the decal for $25.00.

So... it's a glossy sticker that provides a "layer of protection" on the bumper next to the trunk?

DS7Z-17B807-AA.jpg

It's hard to believe that it's more than $10... I'm going to have to think about this.

I need to get some of that for my cars. I also need something to put between the grill cover and grill to keep it from getting grit between it and scuffing up the chrome.

Well I did the metal version.. it doesn't cover the entire length of the bumper but it was easy to put on.

6nbx.jpg

Well I did the metal version.. it doesn't cover the entire length of the bumper but it was easy to put on.

6nbx.jpg

Where do you get this> Also, what's with the bubbles in the photo - is it a plastic coveribg that has yet to be removed?

I order mine from ebay.com but this site has a better picture of it. I guess my picture makes it look like bubbles but its just the etching.

That looks nice, but when the trunk is closed is it still visible? I think it would be a bit out of place if it can be seen with the trunk closed on a black car.

Yeah the one I order from eBay was shipped from China. To Cali it took roughly 2.5 weeks. It does stick out a tad bit but that's because the bumper extends the trunk. I'd say no more than a couple of millimeters. But it's not that bad and does help when the kids are sliding their backpacks from the trunk to the bumper (grr). Thinking about it, I'm not sure if I placed it budded up against the trunk lip which would probably not show the couple of millimeters if I did. But I'm not 100% sure. BTW I did not order from that item above just showing a better picture that they had.

The clear protector can stand up to a lot of abuse that the paint cannot. The Stainless Steel one is bling, but can take more abuse than the paint can.

It's definitely bling... but so are the illuminated door sills. The stainless steel looks very cool.

I wonder how secure the metal will be with the 3M tape though. Tape doesn't sound secure.

Well not everyone can tolerate the sight of scratches on their investments no matter where it's located. It is no different than when Ford puts them on the bottom as door sills to help with scuffs or scratches from getting in and out of the car. Your example with the crate would require more protection even if you had a bumper protector. So using a towel is a good idea regardless. If you happen to scratch the bumper protector with something like a crate, at least for the metals protector like I have if it gets too bad I can simply replace it. Significantly cheaper than having to get the bumper repainted especially if I want to sell my car in the future.