Sign in to follow this  
kuzzi

Lovebugs, argh!

I have added another reason I will never go back to Louisiana, the lovebugs.

Now I have to scrub every inch of the car with all my might to get rid of their guts.

Or I can use that Groupon I have for the showroom detailing that I was going to use before our Houston get together this weekend.

Well, at least you car isn't white! Those stupid love bugs do some real staining to the paint if you don't get them off immediately. :(

Try using Simple Green. We have love bugs twice a year, May and September. It's terrible! After my drive home I immediately remove the love bugs and will wax the area again as needed.

As you posted that I was outside with a degreaser and that did the trick. Of course, silly me thought "Oh yeah, I'll use a soft dryer sheet to scrub the little bits off." No bueno. Fine scratches in the clear coat.

I'm guessing go in with a cleaner and a polish? Kinda good timing since I have to fill in a small scratch on the hood too from delivery. Suggestions/Recommendations?

As you posted that I was outside with a degreaser and that did the trick. Of course, silly me thought "Oh yeah, I'll use a soft dryer sheet to scrub the little bits off." No bueno. Fine scratches in the clear coat.

I'm guessing go in with a cleaner and a polish? Kinda good timing since I have to fill in a small scratch on the hood too from delivery. Suggestions/Recommendations?

Zaino, their PC polish will remove all those fine scratches.

Make sure they are removed in a timely manner as the acid will meld into your paint over time. Happened to my previous car.