Sign in to follow this  
JDPNYY

Trouble with SYNC and 5th Generation IPOD

Hi all. I'm a very happy 2013 FFH SE owner. It's my 1 week anniversary. Gas mileage MPG improves each day (I have an 150 mile per day commute).

I do have one spot of trouble. I looked back a year or so through the forum to see if this exact issue has been reported and did not see anything (sorry if I missed a thread).

I have a 5th Generation Classic IPOD and I can't get it to play. When I plug it into the USB Port I get a message on the IPOD screen that it's attached to an unsupported device. When I try to sync it up, it just sits on the initiating screen. I let it go for about 20 minutes as I was driving to work the other day and it never did sync and play.

The IPOD works fine, it attaches to 2 different docks I have, it works perfectly in my former car (a Honda Insight) and still works if I plug it in on that car (the Honda is now my wife's car).

Any thoughts? I'm baffled. I'm going to ask the dealer to help when I go to pick up my plates, but I'm sure someone here is a better expert than the dealer.

Edited by JDPNYY

No one? No problem. I'm heading over to the Dealership today to pick up my Licence Plates and Vehicle Registration. I'll ask them what to do.

Maybe I'm just dopey.

Do you have an iPhone? If so, does that work when you plug it in?

Also, the FFH system is Windows based, so iPhone text messages don't work in the car, but I've never heard of the iPod not being supported.

Do you have an iPhone? If so, does that work when you plug it in?

Also, the FFH system is Windows based, so iPhone text messages don't work in the car, but I've never heard of the iPod not being supported.

I don't have an IPhone (An android phone).

The Dealer suggested I use the Line In instead of the USB. (I don't think he knew what he was talking about).

I tried the Line In and that was a no go as well. I put a bunch of albums on a Flash Drive. That works, so it'll do. Someday I'll upgrade to a newer IPod.

Not sure what generation my iPOD classic is (80GB), but it worked great in my wife's edge and it works great in my 2013 Ford Fusion. I use the usb port so it charges and it is recognized by MFT and works as expected.

I read your post on the large library, while my library is only about 3600 songs, my ipod does not index everytime I start the car. Seems like I remember going into some set up menu and forcing an index one time because it was not letting me browse the library.

I just leave the ipod in the car. I have not noticed any re-indexing going on.

Sorry I am not much help.

Tom