Sign in to follow this  
mrobinso8

TSB 13 - 7 - 11

I just took my car in for the problem of the Batter Saver message and shutdown of radio. I had the first of May TSB done to supposedly fix the problem. It did not and this days trip was to get them to consider a new battery. Instead, after checking battery, applied TSB 13-7-11 which this time is to fix the problem.

Makes me wonder if all that they did was charge the battery. Taking in wife's C-Max tomorrow for the gas mileage fix and the safety recall. Will have to ask about this. Thanks for the info jeff_h on the TSB.

Makes me wonder if all that they did was charge the battery. Taking in wife's C-Max tomorrow for the gas mileage fix and the safety recall. Will have to ask about this. Thanks for the info jeff_h on the TSB.

Sure - and there are more TSBs on the below topic URL in the Energi forum, who knows what other apparently-unnecessary actions they might carry out for you next time!

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1248-collection-of-tsbs-related-to-energi/

Talked to mechanic ref TSB not being for a Ford Fusion Hybrid and not to address battery saver message. My car had the following error codes and the Ford Computer said to apply TSB 13-7-11, which he did. Guess it is like the doctor giving you a medicine which is approved for something you do not have but it helps you. Who knows. Mechanic said that the code can be a result of something else he is not seeing and to watch and see what happens.

DTC U019B is present and DTC P0CF7 is present.

Also, I asked about switching to a bigger battery and was warned that the computers aboard the card would be unhappy and could crash the card. Ford engineers are aware or and working on problem per mechanic from visit by a Ford engineer. Not sure if that is true but at this time I will wait for someone else to change 12 volt first. Coward that I am.

Edited by mrobinso8

I had a BXT-96R-500 in my Energi for a few days while I was running tests on the BXT-99R-390 that cam with it. It was too big for the battery tray but I managed to get it securely fastened in. The problem with getting a bigger battery is that in addition to needing a bigger battery tray to hold it in place the battery should be an AGM battery, not a starting battery. AGM batteries are expensive. Probably about $100 more than a starting battery.

Here you go

How can someone get these in pdf? id like to know add I'm very curious about details on the mg1 and mg2 consumption.

How can someone get these in pdf?

Go to the link in post 6. They are all in pdf format.

Mileage

At least car is doing well on fuel consumption. Think the new 12 volt battery is helping since it seems to hold a charge better.