Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

TSB 13-7-11 Battery Saver Message

Battery Battery Saver Car dead

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

If they had the car for two weeks, especially if they haven't demonstrated competence sufficient for you to trust them, it's conceivable that they might have completely discharged the battery enough times to have permanently damaged it. If you're driving long trips, as you say, without being able to charge it sufficiently, you may need yet another battery. Putting lead-acid batteries in a hybrid never made much sense to me, but, then, I don't have 1% of the technical expertise of Ford's design engineers.
  • hybridbear likes this

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Manufactured:  April 9;  Delivered:  April 25

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#82 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 340 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

Two weeks short of 3 year ownership, 30,500 miles, I had the LVB replaced under warranty for the 3rd time. Took delivery on 12/12/12, the first LVB was replaced on 4/24/13, the second on 10/7/14 and the third today, 11/30/15. Four LVBs in three years. The same conditions occurred, the BS message started to come up on the MFT screen after almost every ignition off. This was even after a 60 minute trip. All were tested at the dealer and all failed. The first was a consensus that long storage in unfavorable conditions at Hermosillo might have been the culprit. The next three probably due to a wrong engineering selection of the type of battery used, just my thoughts on that one. I live in Southern California, so weather conditions are generally mild and cause no adverse effects.

My 2010 FFH and three years of ownership, 65,000 miles, I never replaced the battery, then again it had a full size LVB under the hood. 

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Battery Saver, Car dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·