mrobinso8

TSB 13-7-11 Battery Saver Message

The number of FFH and MKZh owners is vastly larger than the small number of people posting on this site.

That is true, and by nature when people have problems, they will seek out places to complain, and they usually wind up on a Forum. I just did a Google search, guess who came up first. And guess who posted there. ^^

There really aren't a lot of complaints or there would be pages of them from various forums including ours, BOF and Edmunds showing up.

That is true, and by nature when people have problems, they will seek out places to complain, and they usually wind up on a Forum. I just did a Google search, guess who came up first. And guess who posted there. ^^

There really aren't a lot of complaints or there would be pages of them from various forums including ours, BOF and Edmunds showing up.

Ford, since 2009, has reported a total of 128,466 units of the Fusion/Mercury hybrid family and Energi cars sold through December 2013.

As far as Google goes, if you search for me I dominate the first ten pages. It really does not mean anything except that I have done a good job of SEO on my websites.

I was referring specifically to the battery saver messages, not you in particular. LOL It just so happens the very first link was to a thread you posted in, and your username was in the text. As far as battery saver messages, with 128K+ sold, very few have the BS messages. My Flex has had BS messages, so has my F150.

Well....yes I am one of the members of this form that had a battery problem. :thumbsup: Besides the original battery they put two more in it. It's been fine since. Funny the dealer said I wasn't driving it enough. The car gets driven less than it was at that time and no problems. I'm not sure short trips has much of anything to do with it.

Edited by hermans

Has there been a resolution to this problem. I took my car a year ago (2013 FFH) to address this problem showing them that there was a TSB to address it and they replaced the battery. I didn't have any problems until a month ago when my car was in for repairs at the Ford Dealership for 2 weeks (I know more problems) and then when I got the car back I started getting the BS message again. I have done long trips and I do not use the USB ports at all and I still have the message. I'm taking it again to address this problem but would like to tell them how to address it since I don't trust that they can figure it out on their own. I wonder if the techs used my USB ports to charge their devices while working on my car.

Any updates? Any suggestions?

If they had the car for two weeks, especially if they haven't demonstrated competence sufficient for you to trust them, it's conceivable that they might have completely discharged the battery enough times to have permanently damaged it. If you're driving long trips, as you say, without being able to charge it sufficiently, you may need yet another battery. Putting lead-acid batteries in a hybrid never made much sense to me, but, then, I don't have 1% of the technical expertise of Ford's design engineers.

Two weeks short of 3 year ownership, 30,500 miles, I had the LVB replaced under warranty for the 3rd time. Took delivery on 12/12/12, the first LVB was replaced on 4/24/13, the second on 10/7/14 and the third today, 11/30/15. Four LVBs in three years. The same conditions occurred, the BS message started to come up on the MFT screen after almost every ignition off. This was even after a 60 minute trip. All were tested at the dealer and all failed. The first was a consensus that long storage in unfavorable conditions at Hermosillo might have been the culprit. The next three probably due to a wrong engineering selection of the type of battery used, just my thoughts on that one. I live in Southern California, so weather conditions are generally mild and cause no adverse effects.

My 2010 FFH and three years of ownership, 65,000 miles, I never replaced the battery, then again it had a full size LVB under the hood.