Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

TSB 13-7-11 Battery Saver Message

Battery Battery Saver Car dead

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   IraF

IraF

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 106 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013 SE

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

I don't know if this means anything, but back in late June we went on a road trip for 4 weeks, so the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE sat on the driveway not being used and we had rented a Toyota Sienna, because the FFH was not going to accommodate all the luggage on a 4 week trip. When we got back in late July the FFH started right up but the usual battery message appeared so all I did was hook it up with a battery charger and haven't seen the message again.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

It has been bothering me lately that every time I open a door on my FFH, whether it be night or day, all the lights, inside and out, come on and stay on for a significant amount of time. This has to contribute to the 12v battery problems we're having. I would like to see Ford connect the parking and puddle lights (and maybe some of the inside lights) to the same daylight threshold sensor that is used for the headlights. This would have to help out the 12v battery.
  • corncobs likes this

#23 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

The inside lights can be disabled from turning on when the doors are opened.

When the car is locked the outside lights turn off immediately.

#24 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

B25Nut - What you say makes sense. Also, for a test I set my headlights to auto with turn off at 3 minutes. Did this when I was getting battery saver message immediately when opening door or if car was used when turning off key. Well, not enough power for the radio but the headlights stayed on. Murphy, as his test of a larger battery has shown, is correct that the issue is the size of the 12 volt battery. Ford could have done a better job of programming also.

#25 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

The inside lights can be disabled from turning on when the doors are opened.
When the car is locked the outside lights turn off immediately.

I'm not going to play around with turning that switch on and off.  I know that at least half the time they would be set to off when I really needed them on. This also leaves the outside lights on, which bothers me more.  Also, I never lock my car at home, and I don't carry the key in my pants that I usually wear around the house.  If I need to get something out of the car, I don't want to get to the garage and think "darn, I don't have the key".  Also, many times my wife gets to the car first.  If the door is locked, there's hell to pay (fingernails have been known to be broken).  I'll put up with the BS message instead of dealing with these issues.

Edited by B25Nut, 16 September 2013 - 04:28 PM.

• GrySql and dalesky like this

#26 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

After charging my 12v with a modern battery charger a month ago, the BS message has reappeared only after my dealer spent 5+ hours installing ambient lighting and illuminated door sills. After recharging it again, I have not had any BS problems, even after staying in the car for 10+ minutes with the key off. I'm confident it won't reappear again under normal circumstances.
  • GrySql likes this

#27 OFFLINE   rvlasek

rvlasek

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 111 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

TBS 13 07 11A "System Off to Save Battery" Message

Just came from Dealer,   had Fuel Delivery Module replaced under recall,  also mentioned about message "System Off to save Battery"  on center display,  when I cut off key.   had battery charged and TBS 13 07 11 done earlier this year, worked at first, recently got message again,   lets see if 13 07 11A works,  requested to have battery changed but they did not....service feels it charging system issue... we will see????

192324.png

#28 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

My car has been in the car of the Ford Field Service Engineer since the 29th of November for the issue of the Battery Saver message and associated problems like One Touch Close of windows losing their memory.  To get the far has taken opening several cases with Ford Customer Service.  Car was built 10 Dec 12 and maybe it may be fixed, finally.  I called yesterday, since they seem to forget the meaning of the word service, for a status.  Service Manager said they have a new Shifter on order and should come in today.  I asked how the shifter could cause the 12 volt to lose power.  He said that the shifter was not telling other modules the car was in park and therefore those modules did not go to sleep.  I imagine he meant some kind of sensor or such and not the thing you use to manually shift gears, but who knows.  Will hopefully learn more when I pick up the car.

I had a 2014 Toyota Camry SE as a loaner and it was a joy to drive as far as handling.  However, the electronics are obsolete. 

#29 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SE Fusion Hybrid Ruby Red 18" Tires

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hi Folks, it's time for me to check in with the BS Message showing up on my Dec. 12 made  13 FFH. The Battery  Saver message just came on yesterday for the wife. Car started this morning and will see about this evening when she comes home from work if it Starts or not. I have the Jumper cables all ready to go in my Tundra, just in case I get the call, the Car won't start. The Car is about 10 months old now. I have been asking the dealership to check this Battery issue ever since I heard about it here but with no BS message Logged on my car they just say it's OK and no fix needed. They won't even look at it, now they will.

I'll post what they tell me which I'm betting they will only Fully Charge the battery and send me on my way, saying it's all better now.

#30 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

If possible call Ford and have them come start the car if it will not start, make them pay for 5 years.  Also, call Ford Customer Service and have them start a case on the problem.  Take pictures of the messages you get for proof.  My 10 December made car had two new batteries installed and numerous checks plus about 5 case numbers from call to Ford.  Now they hopefully fixed problem with help of Ford Service Engineer.

• erichFla likes this

#31 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

My FFH was built 11/12 and I've had three batteries. The update was done with the last battery and no problems since, even when sitting for 2 weeks at a time.

The first two batteries had dates that Ford admitted came from a bad batch of batteries. No such problem with the MKZh.

• erichFla likes this

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#32 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

anybody have an Offical Ford Link to the 13-07-11A TSB , I can't seem to find that one.

Edited by erichFla, 03 December 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Picked up car with new Shifter Module replaced on 3 Dec since Ford Field Service Engineer said it was draining battery by not telling car computer car was in park.  Shut down of car seems to be going differently but not sure how since week without the car.  Maybe quicker.  6 December back to battery saver message warnings.  Had hope for car and almost gave up on getting a replacement but now not sure.  On charger now and will see what happens.  A plain old reliable Honda Accord is looking better and the Camry Se drove so nicely.  At least they always start.

Murphy - Is your car still free of the Battery Saver message since you put in your bigger battery?

Edited by mrobinso8, 07 December 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#34 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Murphy - Is your car still free of the Battery Saver message since you put in your bigger battery?

Yes with one exception.  When I was installing the aluminum pedals I kept moving the driver seat back and forth to get the best access to the accelerator pedal bolt which is at the top of the pedal and can't be seen.  That motor eventually took the big battery down to 11.8 volts which is where the battery saver triggers.

#35 OFFLINE   Wingmn

Wingmn

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Mine has been getting the messages each time we shut it off since the weather has gotten cold. It's consistent with the cold weather, when I bought the car back in Aug I had only seen the message once.

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid

Deep Impact Blue

Equipment Group 505A (Luxury Pkg/Heated Seats)

SE Hybrid Tech/My Ford Touch Pkg

Rear View Camera

Reverse Sensing System

Moonroof

Active Park Assist

Driver Assist Pkg

Bought Used 12 Aug 2013

#36 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't think Cold Weather has anything to do with it. It's 82 Deg. here right now in South Fla. and I'm having the same Battery Saver Message showing everyday now for a week when I turn the car off and I just took it in to be looked at, I know they won't Fix it but at least it's on record now. They kept it Overnight, part of the testing to see if they fixed it.

Dealership just called and said it's ready for pick up, will update this when I see the paperwork and what was done.

#37 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hopefully they did more than charge the battery.  If so I am sure we would all be eager to know what they did.  Also, if they did do something, how long it stays fixed.  I had the charge the battery trick done several times I am sure.

#38 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

A long string of short trips seems to be the culprit for most of my BS messages.  A 75+ mile trip seems to make it disappear for a few weeks.  I had to recharge my 12v last weekend when its capacity got below 60%.  The new struts on my hood make this process easier.

#39 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

anybody have an Offical Ford Link to the 13-07-11A TSB , I can't seem to find that one.

I don't see any 13-7-11A (superseded TSBs that I have seen are superseded by TSBs with new number assigned, at least in a couple examples)... but here is the 13-7-11 from July:

Attached File  tsb13-07-11_HVB_charging_is_veh_plugged_in.pdf   47.17KB   9 downloads

• erichFla likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#40 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

p882hyO.jpg

Here is my report for the BS Battery Issue from MY Ford dealership. All they did was charge it up as I thought they would do because Ford can't Fix it. I think BS is the appropriated name for it.

• hybridbear likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Battery Saver, Car dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·