Welcome to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post photos. . .more

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel fill door wont open

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MaineFusion

MaineFusion

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 27-July 13
  • My Region:U.S. Northeast Region
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • Interests:database programmer

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Push the fill door and it doesn't pop forward, no matter how hard you press it. Open it by hand and the button inside seems to work. My guess is some how its not pushing it in enough.
Yet another trip back to the dealer.

I had the same problem. The dealer had to replace the whole fuel filler assembly. After they replace, inspect for tool marks on the 1/4 panel to make sure they didn't dent the body panel trying pry out the assembly like my dealer did.  Ford would have been better off giving us the same fuel door lever they put on the Energi.

200866.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   IraF

IraF

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13
  • My Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley Region
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013 SE
  • Interests:computers

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

This is my case and may not be yours, I had the same problem trying to open the fuel door, and what I did once the fuel door was open was to remove the black boot and lubricate the in and out button with 3 in one oil and also lubricated the boot and once that was done reattached boot and closed fuel door and sticking was no longer a problem.

• MaineFusion likes this

#23 OFFLINE   MaineFusion

MaineFusion

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 27-July 13
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • Interests:database programmer

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

This is my case and may not be yours, I had the same problem trying to open the fuel door, and what I did once the fuel door was open was to remove the black boot and lubricate the in and out button with 3 in one oil and also lubricated the boot and once that was done reattached boot and closed fuel door and sticking was no longer a problem.

I wish I had thought of this before asking the dealer to fix this.  Better yet, I wish they had thought of this before replacing the whole assembly and leaving two dents in the quarter panel in the process.

200866.png

#24 OFFLINE   IraF

IraF

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

I helped someone else with same problem, but left the boot off and her's worked also.

#25 OFFLINE   IraF

IraF

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I forgot to mention if you leave the rubber boot on make sure that the tip of the boot is cut off so that the plastic on/off button(lubricated) makes contact with the inner part of the fuel door so that's why it worked with no boot as mentioned in the previous post.

#26 OFFLINE   Osofast

Osofast

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • Interests:Driving, and working.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

I havent seen a fuel door button inside my car..

And your trying to save fuel with a hybrid yet paying inflated prices so someone can stick the nozzle in your car? You dont even have to unscrew a cap. That is by far as lazy as you can get. Unless your handicap which than you have a reason.

Eddie sorry you are such an angry individual, but not everyone's circumstance's are the same as yours. It's a big world out there and things are different in other locations other than yours.

I did buy a hybrid to save fuel, this you are correct. But since there are approx 12 gas stations in a 1 mile radius on my way to work they all have the exact same price no matter if they pump it or I do. Last i checked i didnt need to be handicaped to have someone pump my gas.

But I did look at that i was keeping someone employed and even if i spent a whole 30 cents more for a full tank of gas (given a 3 cent per gallon dif. on a 10 gallon tank fill up) to help keep someone employed i certainly would and it would be my choice to do so.

Maybe if you have nothing too contribute to a post you should refrain from your angry nature to insult people and call them lazy.

IraF, going to give your fix a try since my dealers adjustment didnt last more than 1 fill and the door stopped working properly again.
Thanks for the possible solution.....much appreciated.

Edited by Osofast, 16 December 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   IraF

IraF

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Let me know if it works

1 user(s) are reading this topic