Osofast

Fuel fill door wont open

Push the fill door and it doesn't pop forward, no matter how hard you press it. Open it by hand and the button inside seems to work. My guess is some how its not pushing it in enough.

Yet another trip back to the dealer.

So far i have only had to open one time since this has happened, i only fill about once per month so im lucky. But yes the key fits between the lid and the body and i can just lift it enough to get my finger on it and open it. Nothing really locks it in place and honestly i cant get why it doesn't work. The little button thing pushes in and out like it is supposed to and sometimes if i push the lid on the opposite side i can get it to open, which makes no sense.

Still havent called the dealer becouse everything seems to be an all day event with them. But before my next fill i will i don't want to take a chance on scratching/chipping the paint.

The worst part was i looked like an ass, when i got out of the car to show the attendant all he had to do was push in the lid and it springs open and whala it did nothing.

I havent seen a fuel door button inside my car..

And your trying to save fuel with a hybrid yet paying inflated prices so someone can stick the nozzle in your car? You dont even have to unscrew a cap. That is by far as lazy as you can get. Unless your handicap which than you have a reason.

Some states don't let you pump your own gas.....

Never heard of that before. I bet prices are jacked up because of it tho.

I havent seen a fuel door button inside my car..

And your trying to save fuel with a hybrid yet paying inflated prices so someone can stick the nozzle in your car? You dont even have to unscrew a cap. That is by far as lazy as you can get. Unless your handicap which than you have a reason.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? ;)

Some states don't let you pump your own gas.....

Probable New Jersey, since his profile says Northeast Region.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? ;)

Probable New Jersey, since his profile says Northeast Region.

Its actually been a good day so far lol

There is a fuel door release handle in the trunk.

The fuel door release button is on the right side of the console by the shift handle.

I also suspect he is from NJ. New jersey does not have "jacked up prices." NJ has the lowest gas prices of any of the surrounding states.. If I going to New York, Mass or Conn. I always wait until I'm in NJ to fill up. It's that big of a difference and they are very strict about not letting you pump your own gas....I know from experience.

The fuel door release button is on the right side of the console by the shift handle.

Can you please take a picture not sure where this could be and I have noticed the button before.

Oregon is the other state where you can't pump your own gas.

Yeah I found that out at 4am last year as I was on my way to the airport, got out of my rental and I thought this lurker was coming around the corner to mug me! I knew about NJ but not about OR... I think those are the only two, but if others are more enlightened chime in please.

Can you please take a picture not sure where this could be and I have noticed the button before.

I have an Energi with Active Park Assist so I have three buttons.

post-11380-0-40215300-1377217079_thumb.jpg

From left to right the buttons are Active Park Assist, Fuel Door, EV Mode.

The door opens about 15 seconds after the button is pushed because the system has to be depressureized first.

The door opens about 15 seconds after the button is pushed because the system has to be depressureized first.

Mine opens in 3 seconds, that is if my 'Mississippi' count is accurate as I've done that many times and each time once '3-Mississippi' is done, 'Doink!'

I have an Energi with Active Park Assist so I have three buttons.

Well there is the difference no fuel door button for the FFH and without the park assist the right side is just a blind cover.

Thanks for the pic makes it less of a mystery.

That is for your Energi only, my FFH does not have that Fuel Door console button or a Manual Override in the trunk.

As far as I can read in the OM, the FFH is entirely manual at the Fuel Door.

That is for your Energi only, my FFH does not have that Fuel Door console button or a Manual Override in the trunk.

As far as I can read in the OM, the FFH is entirely manual at the Fuel Door.

Sorry about that. It did not occur to me that the Energi and the Hybrid would have different fueling systems. It's the same drive train and the same ICE. I wonder why they are different.

Edited by murphy

Sorry about that. It did not occur to me that the Energi and the Hybrid would have different fueling systems. It's the same drive train and the same ICE. I wonder why they are different.

These are complicated cars, every time I research something in the OM I find another thing I didn't know (or forgot).

BTW, that Energi Console Fuel Door button has a fuse for the solenoid that opens the Fuel Door.

That explains the emergency Manual Override in the trunk.

I also re-read the bit about the automatic Fuel Shutoff valve in case of an accident or hard stop.

If it trips and there is no fuel to the ICE you do a double re-start with the key or Start Button, crank it once, turn off and crank it again, should re-set the shutoff valve and off you go.

No! NJ and Oregon you can't pump yourself. About the only

thing I Ilke about NJ - they have the cheapest gas prices in the country - go figure!

Push the fill door and it doesn't pop forward, no matter how hard you press it. Open it by hand and the button inside seems to work. My guess is some how its not pushing it in enough.

Yet another trip back to the dealer.

I had the same problem. The dealer had to replace the whole fuel filler assembly. After they replace, inspect for tool marks on the 1/4 panel to make sure they didn't dent the body panel trying pry out the assembly like my dealer did. Ford would have been better off giving us the same fuel door lever they put on the Energi.

This is my case and may not be yours, I had the same problem trying to open the fuel door, and what I did once the fuel door was open was to remove the black boot and lubricate the in and out button with 3 in one oil and also lubricated the boot and once that was done reattached boot and closed fuel door and sticking was no longer a problem.

This is my case and may not be yours, I had the same problem trying to open the fuel door, and what I did once the fuel door was open was to remove the black boot and lubricate the in and out button with 3 in one oil and also lubricated the boot and once that was done reattached boot and closed fuel door and sticking was no longer a problem.

I wish I had thought of this before asking the dealer to fix this. Better yet, I wish they had thought of this before replacing the whole assembly and leaving two dents in the quarter panel in the process.

I helped someone else with same problem, but left the boot off and her's worked also.

I forgot to mention if you leave the rubber boot on make sure that the tip of the boot is cut off so that the plastic on/off button(lubricated) makes contact with the inner part of the fuel door so that's why it worked with no boot as mentioned in the previous post.